• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 10, 2019

    Everquest How to deal with an asshole?

    Everquest How to deal with an asshole?


    How to deal with an asshole?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 08:16 AM PST

    Before I start I will admit that this is as much of a vent as it is a question, but please hear me out because this maybe useful for all.

    So, I am a longtime EQ player, 20 years on and off. Love the game and community, honestly never had any issues like this in my vast experience.

    Today I was happily camping a couple of augs in FM with a friend and a couple of boxes, one of the Sarnak Camps. Been there a couple of hours, no name pops but still enjoying the aas and ripping through mobs that were once very intimidating, nice group, everything working well and everyone happy...

    I notice a toon kneeling in the corner of the camp (looked like he had just logged in), he gets up and sits in front of our group for a couple of mins so I send him a /wave and /cheer emote wondering if he was gonna ask to join us, I would've been happy to drop a merc and appreciated the extra dps. He stays silent, doesn't respond in any way, so I get on with my pulls, noticing that he had gone a couple of minutes later. Suddenly, my group is flattened, around 10 mobs pulled from another nearby camp, an obvious and well executed train. The toon, FD in the middle of my dead group.

    Unable to rez we fall back to lobby to do so, running back to FM about 10mins later to find the guy set-up with a full box/bot group in our spot. We were hoping it was a mistake, having never had this happen in 20 years of EQ, but this confirmed it was calculated; as soon as the first toon got back to the camp the guy started gaslighting us General. He claimed that we had trained him numerous times and were harassing him for days, naming all the chars in our group, even the ones that hadn't contacted him along with our guild (he must have noted them all, when he was creepily sitting next to the group). He even said he had recorded us training him, even though this was the first time we had literally set foot in the zone for months! He said he was contacting officers in our guild and reporting us to Daybreak for violating the EULA. Obviously he couldn't have had any footage of us, as we were completely innocent of this, however I didn't want my reputation sullied in my guild (a very large and successful raiding guild who I am privileged to be a part of) and many people who didn't know the full story were piping up in general taking his side to our dismay.

    Now, this is one thing that went in my favor. Hoping to get my side of the story across to my guild I message an officer, who tells me not to worry as the EXACT same thing happened to him not a week ago. Same weird toon, same camp, same weird behaviour, same undeserved shaming in general chat. He tells me it absolutely ruined his day, as it did mine.

    Now if you're still with me, thanks. I have one single question for you. What can we do to admonish and prevent this kind of behaviour? i know there are alot of people who love this game but know that petitioning is notoriously pointless. Also Contacting his guild proved fruitless as we have no concrete evidence and he has no worries with barefaced lying in general. It's his word against ours. I am not going to stoop to his level and train him, but is there any other way I can get him to stop this behaviour? I am also wondering (without publicly naming him and his box army) if anyone else had any issues like this in FM on Firiona Vie? PM me or comment if so!

    submitted by /u/bleanblanket
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment