• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 6, 2020

    Everquest Aradune or Mangler in the long run?

    Everquest Aradune or Mangler in the long run?


    Aradune or Mangler in the long run?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 02:26 PM PDT

    I took a break with my 65 Ranger on Mangler after LDoN came out. Logged him in the other day and saw there were still quite a few people playing. Also just made new toons on Aradune to main something I never played before.

    With new TLPs that keep coming out it was fun to main classes I never played before as the expansions progress. However when Aradune catches up to LDoN, I am thinking this will be my last time playing through the progressions, I never played GoD or Oow and everything after.

    What are your predictions in the long run? Continue with Mangler or do you think Aradune will be healthier after it reaches GoD? I guess it's hard to say but I am having a hard time deciding if I wanna keep progressing my Ranger on Mangler or ride Aradune until it reaches LDoN and keep them. Either way with my time available I will fall short with one if I focus the other dont have time for both. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/GhostIsItsownGenre
    [link] [comments]

    FUCKED UP Bazaar prices.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    I Bazaar-Fu, because it's fun. I've paid for twelve months worth of Kronos just by selling stuff from leveling my toons, some key trade skills, and buying low/selling high.

    What I absolutely do not understand is why people waste their time trying to sell low level defiant stuff and trade skill components for hundreds of thousands of plat? Even a retarded, ass hole donkey on acid is smarter than some of the sellers in the Bazaar. I've watched countless egregious sellers for at least eight months, and they don't sell a SINGLE thing. Why waste your time even trying?

    Yes, ADVLOOT completely destroyed the game's economy. Anyone that knows anything about basic economics knows that too much supply from the AFK farmers also ruins the demand, so why do these idiots keep trying to sell their wares for such insane prices?

    It's one aspect of Everquest I will never understand. They don't sell even one single thing, but keep their prices ten and even fifty times higher than TEN or more other sellers?

    I get it if it's a unique item, supply and demand ultimately rules, but trying to sell something ridiculously overpriced that plenty of others are selling is just fucking stupid.

    I will keep raking in plat, so keep it up- Bazaar fucktards. Free EQ for me.

    submitted by /u/Earthicus
    [link] [comments]

    Leveling heroic characters, follow up

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 11:40 PM PDT

    So I posted just about every where (this sub and the official forums, as well as in game general) and this is the info I was able to gather so far.

    • first and foremost, do the journeyman 5 merc quest, that starts in the feerott. Especially if you'll be running a tank merc like I am. Anything less will be one shot by anything you try to hunt.

    • eq is still very much a group game, so mboxing is practically the only way out. I chose rogue, cleric, enchanter + mercs, but it's probably as close as the worst group composition as I could get. You probably want to run a real tank which will be head and shoulders above mercenaries.

    • something happened at lvl 86.... my merc tank started holding aggro a lot better. My rogue would constantly pull aggro before that, since the party dinged 86 even full burn mode doesn't pull aggro. Not sure why but it made a merc tank option much more viable.

    • as far as I can tell, the only realistic option for experience is the so called 'gribbles', mission given by a gnome of that name in dead hills. You can run one in just below 30 min, there are two of them behind a 2h ish lock out. My strategy so far is to take one, run it, pop Lesson just before the turn in and run the second one to turn in before lesson ends. Nets close to 50% of a level, one full level on this double exp weekend. Cool.

    • I have tried some of the traditional hunting spots I have been directed to, most notably by Almar's guides. Regular hunting will yield about .1% exp per kill, best case scenario. These are tough ish fights for my group comp, probably in the 30s range. At a very optimistic kill every 40s speed, you're looking at one level every ten hours. A very good group may be able to beat gribbles efficiency but not by a lot.

    So here are my thoughts so far, any correction would be appreciated especially regarding the exp rate of regular hunting which definitely seems very low.

    submitted by /u/ghighi_ftw
    [link] [comments]

    Question: Bards & New Player

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 12:41 PM PDT

    I have only played EverQuest when it first came out (like 100 years ago lol) but even then I think I left game in the level 40'ish range so never experienced end game at all. Tempted to try this Arulane server out. When I played many years ago, I played a Cleric (that's all) so I have no clue about the other classes.

    I think I might like to try the Bard class out but I am a little scared of it being a pulling class. Every MMO I have ever played, Dark Age of Camelot, FF14, SWtOR, WoW etc etc I always played Healer support so all I know is sitting, medding and healing when pulls come in. Pulling as a Bard, I would not have a clue at higher levels ... I don't know the zones, I don't know the actual job of pulling - I simply don't know and it terrifies me lol

    Question: Is the Bard asked to be main puller on high end dungeons/raids often? This may keep me off the class but I wanted to try something new.

    submitted by /u/RPGrandPa
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment