• Breaking News

    Monday, January 18, 2021

    Everquest Old school dude, the epitome of a "Boomer," finding my finger right above the click to buy CoV.

    Everquest Old school dude, the epitome of a "Boomer," finding my finger right above the click to buy CoV.


    Old school dude, the epitome of a "Boomer," finding my finger right above the click to buy CoV.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 02:21 PM PST

    I hope more old schoolers are around. More, "weepy eyed fundamentalists" that shit blood over getting wiped in SolB and Velious.

    1999-2003 was my JAM! We raided all night, and if we failed; corpse recovery took ALL NIGHT. I literally had to go to work before the rezzes were done.

    I am buying CoV. I hope EQ is still everything I remember.

    submitted by /u/Earthicus
    [link] [comments]

    Curious about XP Formulas?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 12:54 PM PST

    I've tried to find any details about how the XP math really works beyond the simple things like group bonuses.

    Things I've noticed that I couldn't actually find any documentation/math for seem to be:

    XP and AA are on very different scales - 2 things that give the same AA XP won't necessarily give the same normal XP

    Each expansion seems to have a different multiplier, If you find a level 113 mob in RoS, TBL, ToV and CoV they will not give the same XP, the CoV mob can be about twice as much xp for the same level

    I think I knew way back there was an 'outdoor vs dungeon' modifier where inside zones gave a bonus too, like 25% or something, is this that case?

    I was also wondering about level differentials.

    A level 115 can group with 85, but if they kill a level 115 mob together, what percentage of that goes to each person?

    Also as solo XP, if a level 50 kills a level 45 mobs, 50 mob, 55 mob or 100 lvl mob... how does that XP scale?

    I'm thinking of running some tests to get a sense of it, just wondering if that's something other people have already done anyway

    submitted by /u/EnderSword
    [link] [comments]

    What class to startup with again.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 06:03 PM PST

    So my original, old school, character was a Ranger. I used to get paid to guide groups and recover bodies. Not sure if that's the case anymore. You know, to make some gold. So, question, getting back into EQ after years. What class should I play and start with?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/johntp121
    [link] [comments]

    New player - few questions

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 07:23 AM PST

    Hey,

    So I'm very new to this game. I think I played a few years ago but not for very long. But I'm confused about some things.

    I'm a Ranger and started with a short sword in Karana, I bought a hunting bow from Merchant Wyn'las but I don't know how to equip it? In the tutorial, it said drop into the rectangle and it will equip for you but this doesn't work for the bow. It also doesn't equip if I drop on to the primary weapon slot.

    I meet the class requirements and race is ALL so I should be good there?

    I also couldn't figure out how to put a potion on the hotbar but I've just figured that out.

    Also, I'm really confused about how to start the main questline. I'm currently just doing some quests for Initiate Dakkan to earn some gold and XP.

    Can someone give me some beginner tips that might be useful without spoilers and such.

    Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/Premier2k
    [link] [comments]

    Everquest aoe team help

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 01:01 AM PST

    With the announcement of no isboxer allowed in wow i went back to where it began for me to everquest. It has been so great. I am 6 boxing a team and am at 65 so far. i would be higher but i started doing epics and really distracted.

    I started a new team that i want to aoe all the way with

    i have enchanter cleric and 3 wizards. my problem is what to do in the last spot. i originally was going to pull with the enchanter and run 4 wizards. But pulling up old aoe posts a lot of them say use a Bard to pull. so please help me with this decision.

    submitted by /u/Witty-Charge2575
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment