• Breaking News

    Monday, April 12, 2021

    Everquest Raid Rangers

    Everquest Raid Rangers


    Raid Rangers

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:03 PM PDT

    So I'm hoping to maybe get a bit more insight on what I should be doing as a Ranger in raids.

    Lately I've been asking around on my server and just seeing what other Rangers are doing for their dps output.

    A bit of background: 115 - Max AA (close to just missing TS) - I won't go fully in to gear but I'm fairly well geared so ToV Raid some group.

    I've been more curious to know how personal trophies help us, if guild tribute is better (they're heavy ac/agi tributes) or personal tribute (where I can add str or dex)

    Also augs in gear, I've seen some similar tier Rangers with higher attack but relatively the same gear/augs... so what am I missing?

    There's things like Rallos, evolving items and so forth but I honestly just haven't done much of it because of playtime.

    So I've researched a few things and stumbled on some links like "how to Ranger ToV" and it was helpful but even though I don't care much for parses I noticed a Ranger with significantly less attack/dex doing more dmg. I just feel like something hasn't quite clicked for me and it's driving me crazy because I can't seem to figure out what's going on with my spells, my gear, do I need more trophies, am I not spamming well enough?

    I don't have my screen pulled up because I'm on mobile but I generally follow the same spell set up and burn rotation outlines in the "how to Ranger" guide...

    So any insight from seasoned Rangers is what I'm looking for, I'm not a hardcore player by any means but I definitely want to be better for myself and my guild.

    Hoping to have a decent discussion; Many thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/wolfcoyo
    [link] [comments]

    Can Mage/Cleric work? Help me decide on my box.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 02:22 PM PDT

    • Playing on Aradune. We're about to go into PoP in like 2 weeks.

    • Main a cleric for the guild, but I have a shaman and a mage also.

    • Work remote and can semi-afk pull as a duo during the day to aa/plat farm.

    Mainly want to aa farm as a duo, do simple quests. I don't need to be able to tank old dragons or bosses or any such things, I just like to farm plat and aa's when I'm not playing with my friends / raiding.

    TLDR:

    I have a sham, and at least currently in luclin... Sham/Mage is a lot easier to duo and just farm, the slow makes it faceroll easy, heals are practically not even needed. I can also add a bit of dps, and can buff the hell out of the pet.

    Issue being... I can't take the sham on raids, and the mage wont get much gear from raids, especially current tier.

    So, to make my life simpler, I would just box the mage and play the cleric as my main. But, I'm afraid the duo will be much weaker.

    I don't know much about the game past PoP, so help me out, past PoP how is it cleric/mage? Can it do okay compared to sham/mage?

    submitted by /u/emosoundlogic
    [link] [comments]

    Questions on returning

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:29 AM PDT

    Hi EQ Redditors!

    For some context, I saw the advertisements for the most recent anniversary and thought it'd be a good time to hop in and explore this world again. I know however that I need to get my bearings straight before I try to dive in.

    Everquest was what I consider to be my entry point and start of my love of gaming and MMOs. I was lucky to have a neighbor who's dad played and recognized my interest in the game. He eventually bought me my own copy, helped with convincing my parents it was cool for me to keep playing (I was 10 in 2000 when I started playing), buying my first subscription, and helping me with my first PC build.

    I mostly wandered aimlessly through the world. My idea of having fun when I logged in was messing with traders at the torches in the commonlands or sailing from one continent to another to chat with players on the boats. I eventually started figuring out the basics of combat and questing. That first time helping camp king crushbone is one of my earliest and fondest gaming memories. As I got older I figured out more of the nuanced things, and by PoP I'd moved into a place where I could handle my own, but I know I never got into a huge majority of the content that existed.

    I soon after started branching out into the other SoE games, sinking a ton of time into Infantry and Planetside before moving on to WoW.

    WoW was where I really learned all that an MMO had to offer from raiding and PvP to all the story telling. These are the things I'd missed out on in my early days of hanging out in commonlands and on the boats, but if possible, I'd like to try and hop in and experience.

    So my questions: What are some of the major questlines you'd recommend people have to experience?

    Are there any bosses or raid encounter/zones that I should go experience?

    Can I solo most or all of this?

    Are there addons or mods that are almost completely necessary like maps or cast bars?

    Are there any class or build walkthroughs I should really familiarize myself with? I think there was one called Allakazam back in the day?

    For reference, I have a 65 (maybe a little higher) cleric and a 75 shadow knight that I randomly bought as one of the premade characters off a whim one time but never really have played with or tried figuring out.

    Appreciate any insight provided!

    submitted by /u/cmwoods14
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:18 PM PDT

    How many characters can I make a lvl 85?

    submitted by /u/Mountain_Listen_268
    [link] [comments]

    Need suggestions for gearing up a 52 monk (didn’t play in a long time)

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:26 PM PDT

    Firstly I should say this character has many equipment slots empty but he does have 2 weapons, he's almost naked. Question is, is it even possible for him to gear himself up a little? I'm not looking to grab amazing gear, just want to fill those empty slots and slowly work my way back to having him half decently geared. It's Antonious Bayle server so its not a TLP.

    I do also have a 55 necro which is geared up, it will be gear from around the planes of power days so I don't know if it's still viable to jump into a zone and start soloing. Perhaps I can use the necro to help gear up the monk? Any advice would be great.

    One other question, are the mercs necessary ? Or can you still solo like back in the day without one?

    submitted by /u/Perjoss
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment