• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 3, 2021

    Everquest Returning player but finding a lot of elitism

    Everquest Returning player but finding a lot of elitism


    Returning player but finding a lot of elitism

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 04:13 PM PDT

    I'm a returning player for 10 plus years but finding people here (mischief) are mostly all very familiar with the game to the point I can tell they are very frustrated with me or other new players, like if I fall down a trap door and die for example people just all nope out of the group. They also constantly saying cast this, cast that and can get quite rude in the way they say it. Getting to camps is the worst though, aggroing a mob I shouldn't or getting lost (even with maps) or some other obscure eq mechanic... I have even been kicked from groups when I've died when trying to get to them.

    Can I just remind people that lots of new players are returning, not everyone has played every class to level cap so we are learning as we go back (like in the old days) please don't get frustrated at newer players as it is very offputting to play.

    I don't know if this is a thing between the us and eu servers as I was on Antonio's bayle before but generally I'm finding a lot of people quite rude on the server, full on arguments and insults hurled at eachother, constant kill stealing and arguments about camps etc it was not how I remembered it to be

    I'm grouping with very bossy players so far there seems to be one in every group that likes to use all caps and talk condescending and I feel like I'm on a trial for a new raiding guild or something.

    submitted by /u/oggamerog
    [link] [comments]

    Investment needed for TLP or FV?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 11:07 AM PDT

    The bulk of my experience with EQ was between Kunark and Omens of War. In the last 5 years I've hopped back on here or there playing on FV and not really doing a whole lot as the game has changed significantly and I felt as though I'm now too casual of a player. I got to lvl 115 but could never find groups or connect with people to do stuff.

    I'm debating getting back into the game and am torn between: The new TLP everyone is raving about or continuing on FV and trying harder to make things work.

    I am curious what level of investment is needed for either of these options? Do I have to box an entire group to do things / enjoy FV?

    Are TLPs ruled by the poopsockers? And what is the life expectancy of such a server? Do they start strong and die off after a certain expansion?

    submitted by /u/Aw-Yisss
    [link] [comments]

    Pride Hares?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 10:07 PM PDT

    I have been waiting five months for June to roll around so I can get my hands on one of those pretty pride familiars. June is here now, but when I check the marketplace, there's none to be found. Are they not released until later in the month, or something?

    submitted by /u/meowmocha12
    [link] [comments]

    Questions regarding true boxing solutions...

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 10:07 PM PDT

    Hello and thank you in advance for any help you all can provide! I spent years of my youth playing EQ and now that I'm older and have the money to splurge on some nostalgia, I want to multi box on Thornblade.

    I posted previous questions on suitable options for additional low cost machines, and tried using 5 of these AWOWs - although even with the graphics all set to low and far clip plane down to 0-15% it was pretty much unplayable due to graphics lag and quality. Even with adjusting the CPU affinity, the 4 core Celeron's with Intel Integrated 500 graphics wasn't cutting it whatsoever. I have since ordered 5 of these Beelinks - while having less cores, these processors seem to resemble an old rig I used before that ran multiple clients of EQ on high settings, and these have Intel Iris Plus Graphics 5500, those who are more computer literate hopefully can tell me if these will work better than the last choice?

    I'm currently looking for a solution for controlled multiple boxes. I was directed to Multiplicity, which seemed to work for controlling 3 machines, although I didn't set up all of them since the issues mentioned above. I did encounter an issue with the mouse cursor not showing up on one of the machines, making it impossible to navigate EQ and click buttons using KVM Mode, although Seamless did NOT have this issue that I recall (it wasn't an F12 issue either) those of you who are familiar with Multiplicity have you had this issue before?

    If Seamless Mode is the best mode on Multiplicity, I'm looking for advice on options aside from purchasing a command center of monitors. Multiple low cost monitors is an option although I'd prefer not to take up all my desk space for this which leads me to using a 65" TV and a 4x1 HDMI multi viewer possibly. The four boxes will be on the TV, main will be on my main monitor, and Cleric will be on my right monitor. In theory, if I position my monitors on Multiplicity Seamless Mode correctly, I can move the mouse to the right monitor and control it, and then position the other toons to the left and the mouse should appear on the screens on the TV in the order I have them on the Seamless Mode map correct? Or is there an issue with using TV's as computer monitors in that regard?

    TL:DR - Played EQ as a youngster, older now with money to burn on nostalgia. Bought these, didn't work, bought these, will these work better? Can I use this to display 4 toons on a TV? Can I still arrange them on Seamless Mode Multiplicity and control them?

    Thank you all again for all your help!!

    submitted by /u/notsoawesome1
    [link] [comments]

    Starting stats - Question

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 06:12 AM PDT

    I started a monk and I am level 15. I'm at work watching a EQ YT videos and my God, the guy was creating a character and allocated starting stats.

    I did not do this, nor did I see the screen to do this.

    Do I have to re-roll now because I did not allocate my starter points?

    Ugh?!

    submitted by /u/OverallOpinion
    [link] [comments]

    Re-Noobed. What class should I pick?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 09:43 AM PDT

    I played this game way back when there was only one expansion, so now I'm a noob again. Are there any particular classes that are in demand for raiding and whatnot? If I'm going to start from scratch I'd like to at least ensure that I'm useful when I catch up. 😁

    submitted by /u/Haaldan
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for boxing with Truebox code without breaking the rules

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 04:08 PM PDT

    A friend of mine just asked me to play with him on Thornblade and I would like to box 1 one additional toon.

    I currently have a 5k iMac with a mouse and keyboard and a windows desktop with dual monitors with its mouse and keyboard on my main gaming desk. I also have an old MacBook Pro. Last time I played on a truebox TLP, I was able to run EQ on MacOS using an application called Crossover but that was before MacOS got rid of 32 bit support. Does anyone know if there is a way to play EQ on MacOS these days? I already tried to boot camp my MacBook Pro and run Windows on it but everything from Windows UI to EQs UI is tiny and the machine also kept crashing when I tried playing EQ on it. I could try boot camping my iMac as well but I'm concerned I will run into the same issues. I know that running EQ on a VM is not allowed so that rules out running Windows via parallels and VMware fusion.

    My second thought is that it would be awesome to control both PCs with the same mouse and keyboard if there is an allowed way to do this. I just found out about Logitech Flow mice and keyboards and claim to do just that. I've also been eyeing a new ultra wide monitor that can do picture by picture showing the inputs from two different computers split screen on the same monitor. I'd love to hear if anyone is using these to box easier on a truebox server and how well they work before dropping money on them.

    submitted by /u/Nizune
    [link] [comments]

    Deathfist belts turn in question

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 06:54 AM PDT

    Can you sneak to the militia captain in East Freeport with a dark elf/ogre? With an innoruk dark elf/ogre?

    Couldn't find anything conclusive and I'm thinking it's not worth the risk 😂

    submitted by /u/qisqandonlyq
    [link] [comments]

    Daybreak Games Suspension Advice

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 02:41 PM PDT

    Daybreak Games Suspension Advice

    I received a 7 day suspension from Daybreak games today. In my 20 years of MMO's it is actually the first suspension I have ever received. Shockingly it was for 'Toxic Behavior'. As I'm in a pretty incredible guild, I have had very little contact with server at large, and have never knowingly had a toxic run in with another player. The shocking part is that I am no longer able to log into my account to even ask a GM what I what toxic behavior I am accused committing. Nor am I able to log in and challenge the suspension at all.

    After a little google sleuthing I found this number (858-239-0500) for their customer service. It turns out they are not accepting phone calls at this time and will deny voice mails. Is there any 'best path' to reach out to daybreak games and find out more about the suspension? Is there a suggested path to get contact with daybreak after you've been suspended? I'm not sure why I was banned and would like to know how I keep from getting banned again. As I did something 'toxic', I would like to know what that is at least.

    https://preview.redd.it/d9gt69z8d4371.png?width=1559&format=png&auto=webp&s=9ba704ef1086024e6380aaee08d9a2edcf09857b

    Update @ 5:15 PM: I followed Ancanein's advice and opened another account to petition. The response I received was captured below. The email claims that my ban was not based on another players report, but on my actions. At the time I was tanking (not pulling) at the balcony is the hole. I do not know what I would have done to have earned a suspension.

    https://preview.redd.it/hfieyi5jk4371.png?width=2051&format=png&auto=webp&s=e11b525daf7f1c6559abeed73588849a0087116d

    Update @ 8:00 PM: They followed up and reviewed my case. Daybreak games comes out on top of this one. The real problem was the jerks who reported me. They chose to believe I didn't intentionally train (I didn't). So it turns out the players were jerks, not Daybreak.

    https://preview.redd.it/d8nerrdyd5371.png?width=1365&format=png&auto=webp&s=4e9a7f3f01b2403cbf1ccb90834d64695b4b7d7c

    submitted by /u/Dekunuts
    [link] [comments]

    Mischief Starting Class!?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 08:28 AM PDT

    I've played SK, Pally, Bard, and Monk before but want to try something new. I want to be able to solo when I have limited time, but would also like to group and hopefully raid.

    I have a 10 warrior(which was just suffering) and a baby Necromancer started, but now I'm looking at Shaman as a possible next class. Enjoying Necromancer, but will maining a Shaman get me into a decent raid guild faster?

    submitted by /u/okwhateveriguess
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment