• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 2, 2020

    Everquest Link posting is back, WITH a whitelist, please post suggestions or problems with the whitelist inside.

    Everquest Link posting is back, WITH a whitelist, please post suggestions or problems with the whitelist inside.


    Link posting is back, WITH a whitelist, please post suggestions or problems with the whitelist inside.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 10:46 AM PST

    Hey guys, I've re-enabled link posting on the subreddit with a whitelist, the whitelist is very small right now but that's mostly because I just don't know all the websites to put on it. So please make suggestions and requests as to what should be on the whitelist, and send a modmail if your thread gets removed from a reasonable source.

    The current whitelist is

    • Youtube
    • Imgur
    • Reddit
    • EQ official website

    I have not included the resource websites in the sidebar and you might be wondering why? My thought on this is to avoid a precedent being set of posting a link to a quest or an item with the title of the post "How do I get this?" or "Has anyone ever gotten this?" or "This quest entry is wrong." Those websites have their own avenues of contact for entry corrections. And if you have a question about a quest or item, a text post with some actual detail about your problem in the body, rather than just a link to it, is far more likely to get you a helpful answer.

    If you're curious as to why links were disabled for the past several years, I made a post in the thread that got me thinking about this, and had the suggestion of the whitelist over here: https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/eir1sm/please_allow_images/fctkf3a/

    To reiterate, nothing has been disabled from what you were able to do a day ago, things have only been re-enabled. More freedom of posts, not less. The whitelist does not look at comments, only threads created using the "Submit a new link" option.

    submitted by /u/Tobris
    [link] [comments]

    Any organizing tips/tricks?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 07:48 AM PST

    Hello all - I'm picking EQ back up again and one of the more overwhelming things when coming back is the millions of items spread across my obscene amount of alts. It doesn't help that I frequently get into tradeskills on multiple toons so I'm a bit of an EQ hoarder lol. Are there any tips/tricks out there for how to organize things or get a listing of what is on which toon? I know about the tradeskill bags from the HoT era and I use those, but I have so much stuff spread across so many toons that it seems fairly daunting to do a ton of muling around to get everything in order.

    submitted by /u/CaedClaxton
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment