• Breaking News

    Friday, January 3, 2020

    Everquest Feeling the itch.

    Everquest Feeling the itch.


    Feeling the itch.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 06:04 AM PST

    Hello, all.

    I played EQ from beta through PoP, quit, then came back again back around 2012 and played through 2016 before life got too busy to keep it up. I'm feeling that itch to come back and start anew.

    I know there are some TLP servers, but I'd prefer to start over at level 1, probably as an Enchanter or a Bard. Other than Vox (I have several accounts with several level 100s there), are there any great servers to play on these days? Maybe one with a Reddit guild or something along those lines? One of the hardest things in EQ is simply establishing those in-game relationships.

    submitted by /u/AWalkAlone
    [link] [comments]

    Need some Opinions About Getting back to EQ: Aggnar v. Project 1999 v. Creating Emulator Server (?)

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 11:23 AM PST

    I started playing Everquest in the early 2000s right after the launch of Kunark. I ended up playing on and off for about 8 years before finally calling it quits.

    Around March of 2019 I learned that EQ was free to play and I jumped on the Fironia Vie server and played for a few days. While it was great to re-live some memories, I wished that there was a server which stopped at Scars of Velious.

    Im trying to get back into Everquest again and Im trying to find the best fit. I've narrowed it down to the following options:

    Agnarr

    Pros

    • Permanent Time lock

    • Supported/"live" servers

    • Faster leveling/XP gain

    • Presumably an economy exists where its easier to get items

    Cons

    • No boxing

    • Content goes up to Planes of Power; I like stopping at Scars of Velious

    • Costs money

    Project 1999

    Pros

    • Good time period/content cap

    • Classic Everquest feel

    • Free to play

    Cons

    • Slow leveling

    • Lack of players (?)

    • No boxing

    Creating Emulator Server

    Honestly I dont know much about this. I would like to create an "offline"/LAN server and then 2 box on it with mercs/bots but I dont know how difficult that would be. I also dont know how much maintenance would be required.

    Any thoughts or opinions you could offer would be great. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Blitzen88
    [link] [comments]

    Leveling Path to ~65 on Selos

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 03:36 AM PST

    Currently level 42 and planning on staying in Blight Moors (or whatever it's called) till 45. What are the zones and at what levels should I be hitting them at to get to 65+?

    I'm 3-boxing the content as I try to catch up as Druid, Beastlord, Mage.

    submitted by /u/Crenshiniban
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment