• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 26, 2020

    Everquest How the day before new servers feels.

    Everquest How the day before new servers feels.


    How the day before new servers feels.

    Posted: 26 May 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    Say a little prayer...

    Posted: 26 May 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    For the sysadmins and devs tomorrow at launch.

    submitted by /u/frank_grimes_jr
    [link] [comments]

    Everquest on Linux HowTo Guide 2020

    Posted: 26 May 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    Decided to come back to Everquest for Aradune and it seems like things are in a sorry state for Linux gamers right now -- Proton and Everquest is broken, Lutris and Everquest is broken, my friends have been having problems on vanilla Wine, and none of the guides or posts you can find on google searches work anymore. It seems like a semi-recent patch broke everything for Linux users. I got it running with no errors (so far) as of May 26, 2020 on Obarun and here's how:

    Required software: Lutris, Playonlinux, Wine, Everquest installer from Daybreak's website

    Part 1: Patching

    Note: If you have the ability to copy the files from an existing, up-to-date everquest install from another PC every time the game patches, you can skip this.

    Right now the only way I could get the patcher to work is through Lutris.

    I used the middle configuration "Wine Standalone version" with no modifications.

    https://lutris.net/games/everquest/

    Installation is one-click and straightforward. Install and patch the game to acquire the everquest game files.

    Just for the hell of it, try to load in game and see if Lutris works for you. If it does you can skip the rest.

    Part 2: Running Everquest

    Right now everquest only seems to work on Playonlinux, for whatever reason. I tried to do these same steps with wine/winetricks and it didn't work. I tried with proton/protontricks and it didn't work. I wrote a lutris stript that does all these steps hoping I could share a 1-click install, it also didn't work.

    Follow this older guide from the daybreak forums:

    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...eq-to-run-on-linux-with-playonlinux-pon.1185/

    Except with some key differences:

    - Use Wine 4.7 Stable for your virtual drive (others may work, this one did for me)

    - When Playonlinux asks which packages to install, IN ADDITION to the packages required in the guide, also install: d3dx9, d3dx9_43, microsoft core fonts.

    - I used direct x 9 instead of 11 like the guide said to, I don't think this step is necessary.

    - Towards the end of the guide you will reach a point where you have the Launchpad installed on Playonlinux and it doesn't work. When you get to that stage in the guide you need to copy your files we downloaded from the patcher on Lutris in part 1.

    - Before (or after) you copy the files over, edit eqclient.ini * set VertexShaders=FALSE* add "CPUAffinity0=-1 CPUAffinity1=-1 CPUAffinity2=-1 CPUAffinity3=-1 CPUAffinity4=-1 CPUAffinity5=-1" etc for each core in your system.

    - Click the launchpad icon you created while following the linked guide above. Click Configure at the top of Playonlinux. Under "Arguments" on the first tab add "patchme"

    And your game should now run correctly without any errors, full screen and windowed. If you have any problems with mouse look, just go back to the settings page for launchpad, go to the miscellaneous tab, and set mouse warp override to force.

    GOOD LUCK LINUX BROS.

    If anything doesn't work or is confusing just let me know, I could have forgotten something when writing this up.

    Disclaimer: Things might be different on your distro. Future patches might break this again. For all the software listed, I'm using whatever version is the latest on the AUR as of 5/26/2020. I have not had time to test this solution for long term stability.

    Credit: Cone Head from Daybreak forums for the Playonlinux guide, Whoever wrote the Lutris script to get the patcher working, and various commenters on ProtonDB and Steam forums for solving the issue with 3d rendering.

    submitted by /u/sebiiiii1
    [link] [comments]

    New TLP with kids: first time players.

    Posted: 26 May 2020 08:52 PM PDT

    So my kids have been asking for me to let them play EQ with me and I was thinking the new TLPs would be a perfect opportunity to teach them how to play and spend more time hanging out with them. One of my kids says he wants to play a erudite mage and the other wants to play a human Druid. I am thinking thinking about making an erudite Necro and cleric so I can start in the same general area. I vaguely remember there being some cool unique quests and items that only erudites could get. I would love if anyone remembers or could link some. Next question is can the evil erudites leave odus and go to the qeynos area before they get invis spells or are they kos in either erudin or qeynos? Lastly, I would love to hear tips or stories that anyone wants to share regarding introducing their own kids to EQ.

    submitted by /u/Nizune
    [link] [comments]

    Tad confused about the new servers coming out please explain

    Posted: 26 May 2020 07:01 PM PDT

    So I just came back after 19 years and made a toon on Selos now when the new servers come out tomorrow will Crimson Reach be there? if not do we have a choice of where we start? And will there be a tutorial zone to start in? How does it work when a new TLP server is released?
    P. S. Will it have all the QOL stuff that Selos has like the new advanced loot window mercs etc?

    submitted by /u/Artaniss
    [link] [comments]

    Duo chart

    Posted: 26 May 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    With new servers launching tomorrow I'm looking to get my buddy into EQ and do some duo'ing, I found this duo chart. I didn't create it, wanted to see other peoples thoughts on it, seems based on P99.

    submitted by /u/leg0o
    [link] [comments]

    Advanced Loot Range?

    Posted: 26 May 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    If you want to loot something to your alt, but want to keep them safe at the zone line, how far is the radius of advanced loot that they can be from the kill and still have it looted to them?

    submitted by /u/Vash135
    [link] [comments]

    Quick questions about Aradune server launch.

    Posted: 26 May 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    Have they announced what time the servers will be launched? I'm itching to start playing and wanna be able to play right away!

    submitted by /u/Day_Old_Hate
    [link] [comments]

    Question for you guys.

    Posted: 26 May 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    I am new to EQ and wanna get into it. But i hear it's really a lot of sitting around waiting for spawns and hella downtime. Is this true? If so i may consider some alternatives instead before i sub for a progression server.

    submitted by /u/terrorclaw143
    [link] [comments]

    TLP Question

    Posted: 26 May 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    I know there are lots of QOL improvements, and I'm aware of the mega-thread that's posted at the top of this reddit. However, it seems like there are still changes from a P99 or classic server that are not being treated formally.

    For example, how exactly are classes changed when it says "improved spell tables." Do wizards to more damage with spells? Are there additional spells that a purely p99 green player would be unfamiliar with (either that don't exist in the game at all, or exist in later expansions). Is there an official DPS ranking for these new changes? How have the damage coefficients been reworked?

    I'd love to see some resources regarding these types of changes that TLP players may be familiar with, but "classic" players are unfamiliar with.

    submitted by /u/zosopage17
    [link] [comments]

    Which TLP will be more populated and last longer?

    Posted: 26 May 2020 02:08 PM PDT

    A question about Druid Specialization.

    Posted: 26 May 2020 03:08 AM PDT

    1. I find dots to be the most satisfying way to kill mobs.

    2. I group about 50% of the time.

    3. I rarely heal either solo (with tank merc) or grouped.

    4. I rarely cast direct damage spells, almost all dots and damage shields.

    5. I have no desire to raid and no opportunity to do so anyway.

    So am I screwing up by specializing in Conjuration for dots? Almost everything I've read about this says you either go Evo or Alt, no exceptions.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/weezersleezer
    [link] [comments]

    Everquest Anniversary Pack site not working

    Posted: 26 May 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    Went to pre-buy a few of the 40 slot bags before launch tomorrow and the site is broken.

    Everytime I go to Packs portion of the shop it pops a header at the top saying my browser needs to be upgraded and I need to enable cookies and the rest of the site won't load.

    I've tried on both Chrome and Firefox, verified cookies are enabled, turned off all ad blocking software. Nothing works.

    submitted by /u/Sithil83
    [link] [comments]

    3-box team with enchanter for TLP

    Posted: 26 May 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    As the title suggests, I would like to run a 3-box on TLP with enchanter in one of the slots. Although I would like to 'main' the chanter, it does not necessarily need to be the focus of the group. I am currently all over the place for the other two slots and was hoping to get some suggestions/feedback from this awesome community.

    I initially thought enchanter/ranger/cleric but I have also considered various combinations with enchanter/mage such as bard, druid, shaman...

    Some of the group functionality that I would like for this team includes:

    • Malo for charmed pet duration
      • mage/shaman - any other possibilities here?
    • Heals
      • shaman/druid/cleric traditionally but maybe bard heals or mage pet heals would be enough?
    • Tracking
      • Since I don't have a ton of time to play outside of long work hours and I am sometimes too exhausted for group play, I think that this ability will be crucial for saving time on quest mobs and named farming.
    • Tanking
      • I am really torn here -- is it possible to rely on charm pets? maybe mage pet will be okay or better? maybe I should go ranger or bard for tanking and tracking?
    • Run speed (less important)
      • I don't care about teleports so much and I love running all over Norrath although I would prefer not to do it at a snail's pace. This could be achieved by keeping stacks of sow pots and so it does not necessarily need to be covered by a class in the group. Is it the case that there are 10-dose sow pots on the TLPs or do the single-dose pots stack or something like that?

    This wish list largely comes from my wanting to main a chanter and my experience running monk/shaman/X teams in the past. Also, it's possible that my girlfriend will play the third slot if that makes any difference.

    Please let me know your thoughts and/or if you need any further information. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/saybrook1
    [link] [comments]

    If I use Lotd will it overwrite a 4hr XP pot?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 11:21 PM PDT

    Simple question I know but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

    submitted by /u/pichaelthompsonxx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment