• Breaking News

    Monday, May 25, 2020

    Everquest Everquest 2 Veteran’s Birthday

    Everquest Everquest 2 Veteran’s Birthday


    Everquest 2 Veteran’s Birthday

    Posted: 25 May 2020 09:16 AM PDT

    My father has been a loyal player of EQ2 since it's release and continues to play to this day. In fact this is the first MMORPG I ever played myself and a way we spent time together as well. Next Tuesday is his birthday and I realized that for 16 years of investment he really doesn't have much merch to show for it and I would like to change that. What would you guys recommend I get him and more importantly where can I find it?

    submitted by /u/OxKing831
    [link] [comments]

    Starting on Aradune...

    Posted: 25 May 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    Can't decide if I want to play Druid / enchanter at the start or Druid warrior as I eventually want to main either a warrior or a rogue/ranger any advice? Anyone need someone to add to their groups or a certain class to add to their static group?

    submitted by /u/Viric
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for more

    Posted: 25 May 2020 02:53 PM PDT

    I'm going to be starting up again on one of the new TLP servers. I'm flexible as far as which one. I'll be a little rusty as far as knowing the zones and chaining abilities perfectly, but I'm solid on group performance concepts and I'm not an asshole.

    I haven't made up my mind about which race and class I'm going to play, but I'm pretty flexible and have experience with and enjoy everything but enchanter, wiz, cleric, and mage.

    I'm going to be playing consistently from 3pm-12am EST M-F for at least the first 3 weeks or so. Weekend play time will vary more, I'll probably be playing a little in the afternoon and more from 9pm-2am EST. Once I get a character or two to 50 and join a raiding guild, I'll probably slow down how many hours I regularly play.

    I don't have friends that play the game anymore. I don't have a regular group or guild lined up. I'd rather not solo or spend time looking for groups that never materialize.

    If you're like me and want to team up, send me a message and we'll figure out the details. I'm all for using Whisper or Discord or whatever to make grouping easier.

    submitted by /u/Brassau
    [link] [comments]

    If I play on Aradune with a brand new account, will I have access to the Vet AAs/Rewards when their given expansion is unlocked? Even with new account?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 08:49 PM PDT

    I've heard some conflicting accounts on this. I've heard yes they unlocked vet stuff for everyone but some say not on TLP.

    submitted by /u/Penta-Jew
    [link] [comments]

    Can't get game to play on dedicated video card, help, please.

    Posted: 25 May 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    I am playing on an Asus RoG laptop that is about 3 /12 years old. It has a Geforce GTX 960m but since it is a laptop most programs default to the integrated chip to save battery. From the windows side of things I have EQ launcher set to run with the Geforce but when I am logged into the game it shows that it is running off the integrated chip, and it shows in the performance. Obviously even the integrated chip can still run the game fine but it runs it no better than a computer I used 10 years ago. Does anyone have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Pompousasfuck
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the EverQuest Celebration Pack/Bundle

    Posted: 25 May 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    Thinking of coming back for one of the new TLPs, if I buy these would I be able to claim the items on them once the servers go live?

    submitted by /u/SuperBry
    [link] [comments]

    Aradune TLP - Class selection problems

    Posted: 25 May 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I'm excited to dig into the new TLP when it launches but I'm having a hard time selecting a class. In the past I've played a Wizard and a Cleric from Classic through to POP, and have enjoyed both.

    This time around, I want to play something that I can get excited about gearing. Cleric and Wizard, the gear upgrades were essentially "neat, more maximum mana" until focus powers. I have some experience playing an Iksar Monk on P99 Blue (up to about 50), and that was a lot of fun, but I worry that because I don't know how to pull areas I'll be pissing people off.

    On a new server, untwinked, what would be a good class selection that will benefit from fun gear upgrades? I'm not worried about being ultra-optimal (game's kinda easy), I just want to have fun.

    submitted by /u/AlwaysClutch
    [link] [comments]

    New 85 heroic bard soloing

    Posted: 25 May 2020 10:18 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    Just returned to eq and got my self a 85 heroic bard, I used to play bard back in the day (GoD era). So I think I bit off a lot, I tried fighting toe to toe with dark blues and my journeyman merc pet and got wrecked...so I ended up using our cold,fire and other 2 dots a snare and running in circles. Found boastful bellow and that works great but what else am I missing? I'm not really looking for a swarm kiting method more single target strategy or small groups like 2-3, also am I suppose to fight them melee as a bard?

    submitted by /u/postalhero951
    [link] [comments]

    Server Recommendations - 3boxing old content w/ Mercs?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    So I'm halfway geared up to play on Aradune, this time going a little more casually than when I went way too hard way too fast on Mangler and stopping due to how much time I realized I was throwing at it once I started raiding.

    But as I think about it, I'm wondering if that's realistically the right course of action. While the social aspect is a plus, I often felt like I was the primary person being active in groups I was in even on Mangler and that half the PUG was watching Netflix while I pulled, CC'd, and healed (cleric/enchanter duo) and later Ranger/Shaman.

    A few years prior to Mangler, I had started a trio of trios (9 characters total on 3 accounts) that I was playing on Test along with their mercs and was really enjoying myself clearing content. Every piece of gear basically went somewhere, and I was basically planning on era + 2 or so locking myself and working to clear back content while gearing my own characters, etc. I was about halfway through Kunark when they started testing Mitigation of the Mighty and completely wrecked my fun since I could often stay alive indefinitely but not move the boss's HP bar in any significant way.

    I thought about trying the same thing on live servers, but then there'd be the downside of having to pay for three accounts to replicate the same thing due to merc restrictions AND also the fact that with no agents of change and people randomly splattering content against the wall for funsies, there's no guaranteed access to the early non-instanced raid bosses.

    Is there realistically anywhere that I could replicate the sandbox experience with raid bosses being consistently up / available via AoC and the high quality mercs at this point without having to deal with MotM? Not sure if any of the emulated servers go up through the mercs, and if they did I'm not certain any have AoCs or a proxy for them in terms of spawn on demand bosses? Very low populated live server? Older/Dead TLP without AoCs that lack MotM and are far enough along to have mercs? Pretty much open to any ideas.

    submitted by /u/JaykoV
    [link] [comments]

    Another starter advice request for upcoming progression servers

    Posted: 25 May 2020 06:22 AM PDT

    Sorry, I'm sure that these get posted a lot.

    Assuming I can get my laptop sorted out, I'm hoping to start on one of the new progression servers when they go live this week. I played EQ when I was younger, but never really made it very far because I was like 10 and the game seemed complicated; I was content to just wander around the world in awe for the most part.

    I actually had played Coirnav as well for a few weeks and had a great time playing a Iskar Shaman. I really like this class because I liked being able to main heal OR dps/debuff if the group already had a cleric or druid. However, as I'll be starting with no expansions, no Shaman's really have starting areas that I'm familiar with.

    What are some good race class combos for an (almost) complete noob? I'm leaning towards Druid as I can start in Faydark, but they seem like they could be a pretty skilled class. Other options I've been milling around with are Wizard (although I've never been a huge caster) or rogue (I always rolled rogue in other MMOs, but I've heard bad things about rogues in classic EQ and doing nothing but spamming backstab seems like it could get tedious). Cleric is also an option.

    Can someone just give me a brief breakdown of the pros and cons for a new player? And if anyone else plans on starting one of the new progression servers and wouldn't mind teaming up with a newish player from time to time, definitely let me know that too!

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DylonNotNylon
    [link] [comments]

    New Servers

    Posted: 25 May 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    I did a quick search and couldn't find the information. I was just curious if there's a certain time frame that the new servers tend to open up?

    I can understand if they don't say exactly when they open due to potential technical issues and whatnot but I was curious if there's a time frame on Wednesday that I should expect to get in.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Brecken79
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on my starting class Bard Shaman Druid

    Posted: 25 May 2020 04:31 AM PDT

    Hello all I played EQ when it was released and leveled a Necro but have not touched the game in maybe since 2002 lol. But now read there is a new server coming out and I have the itch. I really want to play a bard but read they are very underwhelming to level so I don't know if I should go that route especially if I plan to solo as well. What do you guys think? I am also interested in Shaman and or Druid. Like I said I will be soloing because of my playtimes so not sure what I should do here. I like shaman secondly because of buffs to fro debuffs and dots and mana regen Druid is ok as well but have no mana regen so more downtime. Please help this old/new player out. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Artaniss
    [link] [comments]

    Is aradune still a True Box? New post on May 22 doesn't have it mentioned

    Posted: 25 May 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-tlp-aradune-rizlona-2020

    EQ's post (updated May 22, 2020) doesn't have the True Box listed on Aradune. Is Aradune still a Truebox or can we box 2 accounts on 1 machine?

    submitted by /u/Gulio
    [link] [comments]

    Are the live servers do rate faster then ok TLPs?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    And even faster then Selos? The reason I ask is because I'm looking to jump back in and I want to level a couple of classes to at least 20 and get a feel for them so I can pick my main then I will probably jump on the newest TLP server coming out in a couple of days so I'm looking for the fastest experience possible to do this. Please let me know also our experience potions available on the TLP servers?

    submitted by /u/Artaniss
    [link] [comments]

    What class to play as the 6th man in the group.

    Posted: 24 May 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    A few friends and I are planning on playing on the new TLP server when it goes live soon. I played from 2002 when PoP came out until 2004 when I switched to EQ2 and played that for well over a decade.

    I originally was planning on playing an enchanter but one of the others chose that too, so I am going to switch to another class. Here is the group makeup so far:

    Shadow Knight

    Cleric

    Enchanter

    Bard

    Necromancer

    <me>

    I am leaning towards either monk or wizard. The monk would add more dps and have the ability to off tank if needed, not to mention pulling. The wizard would have dps and the ability to port.

    Which do you think might work best in that group, and for finding other groups if my friends aren't around? Is there another class that might be even better? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Solmors
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment