• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 14, 2020

    Everquest New Expansion Announced - Claws of Veeshan

    Everquest New Expansion Announced - Claws of Veeshan


    New Expansion Announced - Claws of Veeshan

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 01:43 PM PDT

    Are there any Velious private servers with AA enabled?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    Searched around but can't find anything, makes me think I'm the only one that would be interested in such a thing.

    submitted by /u/Strykerx88
    [link] [comments]

    New Player Question RE: Free-to-play Servers, Grinding and Defiant Armor

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    Hello All:

    I have played a lot of EQ2 and have skirted the edges of EQ1 for a while. I know it is available as free-to-play through steam under Daybreak Games. However from what I have read, there are some heavy restrictions for F2P accounts and due to the Defiant Armor set available at the start of the game (through the tutorial) there is no need for any armor until level 50 or so. Is this true?

    I ask because, while I understand the nature of most F2P servers (and games) to push new players to end-game content quickly, this feels really shallow IMO. I always loved the thrill of questing for new gear, the constant changing appearances as your character grew stronger. It is the heart of the adventure but it seems you would be doing yourself a significant disservice in the long run.

    In the end, is there a way to play on an F2P server that allows me to just enjoy the grind and the adventure?

    I appreciate any feedback and thank you!

    Best,

    -G

    Side Note: almost everything I find on YT or the internet at large seems to only cater to high level players.

    submitted by /u/Ghunt89
    [link] [comments]

    Returning player trying wrap my head around shadow knight lvl 71

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    So I used to play EQ back at launch until PoP. After a while of not playing my friends got me to come back and try live out. I rolled a shadow knight and managed to get up to 71 before hitting a bit of a wall. My J1 tank merc is just no longer the god he once was, so I switched to a healer merc. Unfortunately this ended up showing a huge flaw in that my dps is utter trash.

    While I was soloing I would throw my dots on a target and auto attack them down, unfortunately this isn't working as well as I had hoped at my current level, mobs hit too hard and have just too many hp in a lot of areas I have been going to (mostly current hot zones).

    My gear is almost full elaborate defiant with a few level appropriate items I found for a good price on the bazaar. I also use auto grant AAs.

    So not sure if I am playing the class wrong or if I am at the point in my class where I need to group with friends to keep getting xp. Any helpful advice or tips from more experienced shadow knights would be very much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/DudleyGrim
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment