• Breaking News

    Monday, December 28, 2020

    Everquest Any tips on how to get a physical copy running on Win 10?

    Everquest Any tips on how to get a physical copy running on Win 10?


    Any tips on how to get a physical copy running on Win 10?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 06:14 PM PST

    I just found a complete-in-box copy of EQ in my basement. The game installed fine, but when I try to run it, nothing happens. It doesn't show up in my taskbar or when I try Alt+Tab, but it does appear in Task Manager.

    Maybe I should just get it on Steam and save the hassle?

    Edit: It said to install DirectX 9 or something, which I decided to ignore because I thought Windows 10 already came preinstalled with DX12; maybe I should go back and install that.

    submitted by /u/OlimarJones
    [link] [comments]

    Exp bonus?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 07:44 AM PST

    Do halflings still get a 5% experience on live?

    submitted by /u/atlas_nodded_off
    [link] [comments]

    New Player Questions!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 12:11 PM PST

    Hello all you adventurers out there! First lemme say that I'm not new to RPGs or MMOs in general, so I'm already familiar with a lot of the terms/roles/etc, I just somehow managed to never get around to playing EQ until now. One of my very best friends just got into it back in August (she IS new to MMOs in general and she's only really played a handful of other RPGs) and she's asked me to join up. She's got a couple friends on, but they're all around her experience level. So I turn to the masses!

    I've been attempting my own EQ research, but a lot of the info I'm seeing either feels incomplete, or applies to live servers (we're playing on Aradune, progession server). I'm also a spoiled WoW gamer, so... ya know... I'm aware everything is handed to me on a plate there and this game involves quite a bit more leg work. So far, I'm a level 7 barbarian warrior.

    For starters... I know the game has quests. How and where do I find them? I mean like... I had a scroll in my bag, read it, gave it to the guild master... and now what? I miss my ! ? quest markers already. Who else has quests? How do I know?

    How and when do I get new abilities? I literally only have auto attack, slam, and taunt. How long does that last? Are ALL the classes like this at the beginning? I rolled a few alts to play with and it kinda looks that way.

    Speaking of auto attack, can anyone help me figure out how to just... keep it on? Every time I click the mouse, kill and/or change targets, or sometimes seemingly at random apparently, I realize I'm just standing there not swinging again. I'm sure I'd notice sooner if auto attack didn't seem to also miss so much, but that's a different issue I'm hoping comes down to gear/stats that will improve with time.

    Lastly (for now), my friend is playing a bard. When playing with her the other day, I think I recall I was able to benefit from her move speed buff song without being in a group. Last night, when not in a group, I no longer got the benefit of her songs. Just wondering if I am rememebering wrong or if I accidentally found a way to cripple myself.

    Thank you for your time!

    submitted by /u/zeiric
    [link] [comments]

    Returning

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 12:15 PM PST

    I havent played in many years just started a zerker is it better off just getting the heroic boost or just level regularly?

    submitted by /u/garmy1337
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment