• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 3, 2021

    Everquest My journey in this 10+ year old game begins, and I think it's lovely!

    Everquest My journey in this 10+ year old game begins, and I think it's lovely!


    My journey in this 10+ year old game begins, and I think it's lovely!

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 02:08 PM PDT

    Old Ad

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 12:41 PM PDT

    Why LDoNs are supposedly not popular?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 06:11 AM PDT

    (Massachusetts) I just came back to EQ from many years ago. Started with one of the recently released Progression servers. Having fun; was thinking this would be a good way to reacquaint myself w/Norrath before moving onto a Live Server; or staying with this progression one if it doesnt' end up dying out.

    Its to move forward at a fairly quick basis, which I get. But I saw that the LDoN's will only be for one month before moving onto GoD. I asked among some group chats and the majority, vast majority (*seems to be mainly former progression server players; but few who actually played during era) said "Of that is SO boring, of COURSE they should make it super short, NO one wants to dungeon crawl, puts you to sleep..." etc etc etc.

    I was so puzzled to hear this. I began playing right at the start of Planes of Power. When LDoN debuted, it was so fun! I wasn't a raider - was in a large family style/social guild with a core of about 100 players who were regularly in-game and about another 100 who were super casual once a week players. Our guild spent a lot of time "dungeon crawling" and it was a blast. People that didn't know their classes learned them well through LDoN; there were awesome Augs to get/decent plat. We had so many fun evenings/weekends messing about, meeting up at the Wayfarer's Camp and heading in to a Dungeon!!

    I moved on to other mmo's after DoN and have enjoyed a lot of gaming over the years; but absolutely, nothing really ever impacted me as much as Everquest in terms of interest held, and social grouping/guilds activity. Our guild literally met up irl for a couple of the SOE FanFaire's (*Vegas was my favorite)!!

    I wonder if any of the 'private server' versions of EQ have more players who DO love dungeon crawling, the old "earn your way/learn your class" leveling. Or is it just a 'jump in for 45 minutes get my loot" type view there also? One of the reasons I really do not like console gaming is that very reason (*obviously there are exceptions); its so transient if that makes sense? I don't spend 35 hours a week in video games, but I do usually play at least 15 - 20 depending on the season and what other fun is to be had irl. And I do like to progress and learn my (new) class, craft and help others who are leveling up in an mmo.

    Comments? Suggestions? Thanks.

    I

    submitted by /u/autymfyres7ish
    [link] [comments]

    3 boxing these days

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 04:46 PM PDT

    Hi! I haven't played EQ in about 15 years. I'm downloading it now (yay, it's free!) and I want to run a cleric, chanter, warrior. Do I need to start 3 accounts? Not sure how it works these days. I was pretty uber way back when, but I truly don't care about that now....just want to group with myself. =) Thank you!

    submitted by /u/snitterific
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment