• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 29, 2019

    Everquest Younger player with an old school mindset

    Everquest Younger player with an old school mindset


    Younger player with an old school mindset

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 01:51 PM PDT

    I'm a college student who grew up with RuneScape, but never really got into it since I was a kid who didn't know what he was doing.

    Now that I'm in my gaming "prime," I've heavily gotten into MMOs. I've tried BDO, FF14, SWTOR, and GW2, among others that I tried a bit.

    Ultimately what bugs me about modern MMOs is that you can fast travel everywhere, or even just teleport to the instanced content from a menu. MMOs don't feel like worlds anymore; many feel more like hub games such as Monster Hunter.

    Anyway, rant aside, I typically play archer classes. How likely am I to like this game?

    submitted by /u/Sir_SquishyMan
    [link] [comments]

    Want to play after more than 10 years

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 09:49 PM PDT

    I just want to casually play and see the world again. I had a 60 dwarf but sold my account. Do I need to start at level 1 again and do all the camping and meditation and experience the trains at the old zones all over again? Like camping the hermit in somewhere and staring at a book for meditation until a certain level? Are enchanters still the most favourited class in groups?

    I don't mind paying for subscriptions and expansions, if they have an option to buy levels (like you can buy levels and story skip in FFXIV) it would even be better though.

    submitted by /u/AzysLla
    [link] [comments]

    UI Help

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 07:22 PM PDT

    Would appreciate the help if someone could tell me how I could load my previous UIs to my new computer. I've downloaded my UIs from my old computer to try to load it onto the new one but whenever I load up EQ to copy my old UIs they aren't coming up. Anyone know of a way to do this easily?

    submitted by /u/Sznorelock
    [link] [comments]

    Project M Patch Notes [November 2001]

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 06:51 AM PDT

    Patch notes Project M Implemented:

    Tonight we have patched something to the PvP servers that many players have been waiting for. The ability to play that gnoll, orc, or the cute and fuzzy rat. On your character select screen you will notice another button in the upper right part of your screen called "Monster". Clicking this button will randomly place you in a low-level NPC in a random zone. You will be given full control of the creature to do with it what you like. You may hunt and kill other creatures. You may even attack other players.

    Some things to remember when playing your own personal monster (NPC).

    You will not be able to interact with players or NPC's other than moving and hitting attack. You cannot speak, trade, sell, or do anything else that a player can do. You will spawn with normal loot for the monster you are playing and Player Characters will be able to kill you for loot and experience. If you are a spell casting monster you might want to take a moment to memorize some spells. Once you die, you will return to the character select screen where you may choose to return as another NPC or play your normal character. You may gain experience, levels, and skills as this NPC, but once you die, it is all lost. You will need to start over the next time you choose to be a NPC character. You can't zone as a monster. If you try to cross a zone-boarder you will lose your progress and return to the character-select screen. Monster PCs (MPCs) can not loot, sell, or gain items. They only get what they start out with. This ability to play a monster is being implemented for PvP servers only as we have no plans to implement non-consensual PvP on a non PvP server.

    However, we are still working with this system. We may find other ways to implement Project M on the non-PvP servers that are acceptable. We aren't done looking at the possible uses of this new feature.

    submitted by /u/PKSkriBBLeS
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment