• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 12, 2021

    Everquest Where do I belong in modern EQ?

    Everquest Where do I belong in modern EQ?


    Where do I belong in modern EQ?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 06:46 PM PDT

    So a just realized my 8 year old work computer that can't even play Terraria properly will run at least 2 instances of Everquest. 13-year-old me would shit his jncos.

    That said, I'm not ready to commit to an mmo like that. I played eq from kunark-eq2 release day, no raiding or anything serious like that. I briefly played on a pirate server in the late 2000's, but that barely counted.

    I probably have 75% of my mondays and tuesdays to fuck around, with some hours here and there after my kid goes to sleep the rest of the week. Not really ready to sub yet, so that rules out TLP's. If running around gfay for a few hours doesn't scratch the itch I might consider subbing when the next one opens.

    Any server recommendations? Also how are hybrid tanks these days? They were not extremely popular if memory serves. Thinking about putting together a boxing duo, maybe a Druid or shaman + tank. Also what map add-on should I be using?

    I would like to be able to group with other people, but my fondest memories of that game are quad kiting when velious was new and pking with my rogue on vallon zek(OBR4lyf). Hanging around by myself would not be a far cry from my nostalgic heyday.

    submitted by /u/srug_grows
    [link] [comments]

    Progression servers, how is life on them?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 03:42 PM PDT

    So I've been out of the game since GoD launched. Got the itch and am thinking I want to join up on a progression server so I can start from the beginning and see everything as it unfolds. I have read the official page info on the progression servers. That said, I do have a couple questions.

    Question 1: What's it like running on a prog server? With the quality of life improvements left in I'd imagine it's a lot smoother than it used to be, however is there still a lot of waiting in line for groups?

    Question 2: How difficult is it to gear characters? I imagine it isn't how it was, given the rules where all items can drop off of level appropriate boss monsters, but what does that really mean? Can I get a Ghoulbane off of any boss monster that is of similar level to the one that drops it, for example?

    Question 3: Epic Weapon Quests. I've had an obsession with these things since they were first introduced but I was a kid back then and didn't play well enough to ever obtain one. That in mind, how hard is that to do with the game in its current state on a prog server? Is there still a lot of in game politics regarding raid spawns and such?

    Question 4: Class Viability. I was wanting to play either a Paladin, Magician or Wizard. Are these viable for the level of play I'm aiming for, end game and such, or are things still balanced so that some classes are always in demand (enchanter) and some never see a group (necro).

    Thanks in advance to everyone who reads this and answers. Yeah I could google some of this but I find hearing from people with experience is far better for information and a real view on things.

    submitted by /u/Phoenix200420
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an item that cast tashani or something similar for a charming necro to use in mischief

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 09:46 PM PDT

    Any way to lower MR on undead things? We are about to hit vel.

    submitted by /u/Brilliant_Ratio3173
    [link] [comments]

    108 SK, where to use lesson.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    Hey all, I've come back to good ole EQ and I'm wondering are there some good places to burn lesson each day? I have no raid gear it's all that old socketed gear from some place(super helpful, I know) and bazaar gear. I am subbed so I have all those free AAs. And I do have my 1.5 epic.

    I appreciate the help all, thanks!

    submitted by /u/VexThull
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment