• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 23, 2019

    Everquest What are the most important things to know for a returning player who has not played since 2006?

    Everquest What are the most important things to know for a returning player who has not played since 2006?


    What are the most important things to know for a returning player who has not played since 2006?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 11:20 AM PDT

    Hey everyone!

    I played EQ1 for years as a teenager. It was my first MMO and probably the game I look back on with the most fondness. I recently started playing WoW (dabbled in Classic and Retail) and while fun, both seem to lack the challenge and complexity of Everquest. Thus, I was thinking of just going back to what I already know and love. I logged in and oh lawdy - things have changed. I believe when I stopped playing the level cap had *just* been raised to 70 with the addition of the Berserker class.

    That being said, if I were to start from scratch (lost my account info), what are the most important things to know about the game in its current state. More specifically:

    1) What would be the best server for a new (returning) player starting a character from scratch?

    2) Is the population of the game healthy enough to group my way to max level or should I pick a character that can solo?

    3) Is the leveling process still extremely slow or has it sped up considerably like other MMOs?

    4) If I had 1000 plat, would I still be able to tweak out a character to level faster?

    5) Have the classes changed dramatically or do they still play like they used to?

    FWIW, when I played I main'd a 65 Bard and also had a 61 Rogue. I am sure that is chump change now but that was decent back in the day.

    I know I asked some really specific questions - but ANY insight or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

    submitted by /u/ZharrTheBarbarian
    [link] [comments]

    Miragul Public Discord Created - All are welcome

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 07:28 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment