• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 31, 2020

    Everquest I miss the golden age of Selos and really hope they do another server like it.

    Everquest I miss the golden age of Selos and really hope they do another server like it.


    I miss the golden age of Selos and really hope they do another server like it.

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    When I first heard about selos, I was super hype. When it launched, it pretty much completely blew my entire summer. I haven't had that much fun on an MMORPG since the old days. As someone who has been spoiled by modern MMORPGS, the TLP servers have always been such a drag going through classic->kunark->Velious with big unlock timers that I pretty much always burn out at the end of velious. Devoting half a year to keeping up was always so difficult.

    Selos solved all of that. Granted, I actually would have preferred if it started at an earlier expansion, but having 1 month unlock timers was probably one of the coolest ideas. Right when you are getting bored of an expansion, another drops and it's all out war again to get the beginning done and get the final bosses down. Seeeing all of the best content in half a year rather than just two or three expansions like other TLPs was great.

    The EXP rate is perfect. It's the first TLP I had a bunch of alts on. I usually don't have time for that at all. It wasn't too fast, wasn't too slow. It still gave plenty of time at the low/mid levels to make friends that I ended up grouping with in the endgame.

    That wasn't even it though. The rare drop and spawn chance increase were probably my absolute favorite part of the server. Suddenly all these quests that were pretty much "I'd never do that crap" status became completely doable. Breakdown in communication in Gates of Discord. The 3 big talismin/binden/manual quest lines in PoP era. Coldain shawl and ring. Hell it took only a few hours to get the VT key done, and that's usually the worst part of Luclin imo. All of these things I usually just don't have time to farm on a TLP were completely accessible since drops weren't ridiculously rare on Selos.

    It's long past expansions I really care about and in the era of instancing that killed EQ for me, but for the Luclin->OOW era it was an absolute blast. I really hope they do it again some day. Maybe once the current one finishes with modern content.

    submitted by /u/Venerablehasibash
    [link] [comments]

    Viable 4box with Mercs

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    I just started a 4 box, Ench\Bst\Mage\Wiz with J5 Tank\Cleric Mercs all gold. I just started the HoT lower level quests and the tank merc is pretty easily killed so I was considering changing up for a real tank and wanted to get some opinions. Considering going War\Bst\Ench\Mage with 2 Cleric Mercs or SK\Bst\SHM\Mage. Not sure really but I fully expected to plow through this content and it's giving me more trouble than I feel it should. Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Thanks all!

    submitted by /u/scottiemarlow2
    [link] [comments]

    Leveling Route PoP Era?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 09:03 AM PDT

    Just a quick question on a decent leveling route for PoP era, Am usually 60 on PoP launch for older TLPs so never really leveled from 1 during PoP, what's a good route to go, am playing a decently Twinked Monk and Shaman duo, any feedback is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Bobbyflay253
    [link] [comments]

    What sever for a new sub / low amount of time?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    I just bought a sub to the game and I do not have an obscene of amount of time to play. What is a good server that would not take me 6 years to get lvl 50?

    submitted by /u/Whoevengivesafuck
    [link] [comments]

    Texture Rendering Delay

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    Anytime I go somewhere in the game now the textures take a few seconds to load. Before they load up, everything is grey and textureless. What is the issue here or do I have a setting incorrect?

    submitted by /u/Skhull
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment