• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 21, 2020

    Everquest List of Quality of Life Differences Between TLP Servers and Classic EQ/P99

    Everquest List of Quality of Life Differences Between TLP Servers and Classic EQ/P99


    List of Quality of Life Differences Between TLP Servers and Classic EQ/P99

    Posted: 21 May 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    While looking into Aradune, I compiled a brief list of quality of life differences between classic EQ/P99 and TLP servers. This list is intended to help classic players understand how the game has changed on TLP servers and is likely not comprehensive. I'll add additional items from the comments to this list. Special thanks to Stratka <Midnight Rations> for helping provide some of this information!

    1. Faster Exp Rate / No Hell Levels / No Class Penalties - Exp moves considerably faster than P99/classic, and there are no hell levels or exp penalties for classes.
    2. Exp weighted towards Even+ Cons / Full Groups - Exp bonuses are weighted towards even+ cons and full groups. Players tend to favor full groups that are charm-heavy, as charm generates a ton of DPS like in P99.
    3. Picks - As zones get crowded, a new "pick"of that zone will be created. You can use /pick to move to the newly created pick. This lets lots of people play in the same "zone" to help overcrowding.
    4. Raid Instances - While guilds can compete in the open world for raid bosses, you can spawn a private instance of the zone with your guild and kill the raid bosses at your leisure. There is a cooldown on how often you can do this.
    5. No corpse runs / smaller exp penalty upon death.
    6. In-Game Maps - No need to have the P1999 wiki pulled up on the second monitor. In-game maps with TLPs!
    7. LFG System / Global Chat Channels - An in-game LFG system and global chat channels really helps with forming groups.
    8. Shared Banks / Parcel Merchants - Shared banks and parcel merchants in towns allow you to send items to characters.
    9. Extended Target Window - Amazing tool. Can leave it on auto to show mobs aggro on your group. Or you can right click on it and choose targets. For example, as a raid cleric, I can put raid tanks in there that aren't in my group so I can monitor their health.
    10. The Daybreak Store - 25% exp bonus potions for 4 hours is helpful but also lots of other little benefits. The 4 hour sow potion is incredible when a server starts, as is the 40 slot 100% weight reduction bag.
    11. Advanced Loot Window - Takes getting used to but alleviates the need to manually right-click and loot every corpse.
    12. Saved Spell Lists / No Re-Memorization Upon Death - Can save spell lists by right clicking on the spell book.
    13. Weapon Augments - This lets tanks and especially warriors have a chance at generating aggro.
    14. PCs Generally More Powerful - The power level of TLP characters is massively higher than P99. Most camps until you hit The Hole will be limited by mobs. Single pulling is almost never worth it especially with a charm pet that most groups over level 20 will have.
    15. More Potions - Incredibly powerful. The greater concentration potions for mana regen, disease cure for bees/draco, heals, etc.
    16. Origin - ALL classes get this at level 5. It's a teleport to your home town with a cooldown of 18 minutes.
    17. /hidecorpse alwaysnpc - Hide all dead mobs but not player corpses.
    18. Boats are optional - Gnomish translocators located near boats now instantly port players across oceans; boats are still available for rides.
    19. Soulbinders - No need to beg for binds now; soulbinder NPCs can bind you at cities.
    20. Easy Skill Increases - A built in skill catch up mechanic causes rapid skill increases if you fall behind in a skill.
    21. Bandoliers - Easy weapon switching via hotkey.
    22. No meditate button.
    23. "Revamped" textures in many classic zones. Luclin player-model textures can be turned off and classic textures used.
    24. Most pre-raid classic content available upon launch.
    25. Some classic items will possess valuable focus effects disabled at classic but (i.e., increase to type damage, etc) available in later expansions.
    26. TLPs allow boxing to various extents [Aradune: 2 box limit on two different devices).
    27. No PNP. Certain players may attempt to train or KS you, but bad apples can be avoided via pick system.
    28. Certain cash camps permacamped by RMT/neckbeards (GEBs).
    29. Currency no longer weighs anything. Monks, rejoice.
    30. Bards can use /melody to ease song twisting; rangers can AFK more with bow /autofire.
    31. DPS Racing is the standard. FTE (first to engage) is considered a discretionary courtesy.
    submitted by /u/Oakenhops22
    [link] [comments]

    Can somebody help me? ultrawide look stretched

    Posted: 21 May 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    Starting a new bard...

    Posted: 21 May 2020 05:54 PM PDT

    So, assuming you were going to start a new bard, on a server like FV, without boxing, how would you progress. They just look like a LOT of fun, but I have always played a pet class (Necro mostly) and really dont know where to start.

    submitted by /u/surgh
    [link] [comments]

    A couple quick TLP questions

    Posted: 21 May 2020 09:03 PM PDT

    I played a warrior from release to somewhere mid planes of pop. There are a few questions I can't find info about with TLP version.

    Is guise of the deceiver in the game for all classes?

    What about jboots? I'm not sure I can handle that camp again, or the green dragon for the epic weapon in kunark... You know this is making me not want to play anymore haha

    Do ykeshas have the straight style look or the silly curved look?

    Is plane of fear open at release with all class armor before they split it with plane hate? I.e. warrior lustrous russet?

    How often can you spawn raid mobs? Dragon haste must be way more available on TLP.

    submitted by /u/Firewire_1394
    [link] [comments]

    Aradune Static - Monk/SHM LFG/LFM hardcore 12+

    Posted: 21 May 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    Looking for more hardcore players go out the gate with at launch. Planning on rolling Monk/Shm or Monk/Druid

    submitted by /u/tja530
    [link] [comments]

    *sigh*

    Posted: 21 May 2020 03:48 AM PDT

    Ever since the dates were released for the new tlps, I've lost interest in all my other characters (and games for that matter). Lurking on forums and hanging out in chats. Browsing my steam library for hours, only to pick something for 5 minutes and return to browsing.

    The curse of wanting something so bad and having to wait.

    submitted by /u/justamike
    [link] [comments]

    Do you primarily play in First Person, Third Person or an equal split of both?

    Posted: 21 May 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    What's the best priest box for my warrior on Aradune?

    Posted: 21 May 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    I know you guys think shamans are the best box for every melee, but is that true considering my criteria?

    Assume my warrior will be raid geared, my priest will be group geared, I'll have all the potions, and all the clickies.

    1. I don't care about my solo exp rate. I'm not gonna be soloing much.
    2. I don't care about being a swiss army knife. If I need snare/res/evac, I will invite one of those classes to my group.
    3. I am interested in expansions past PoP. Don't assume I'll quit.
    4. I would like to be able to assassinate named mobs by myself. If I want an item in the bottom of a dungeon, I'd like to be able to get there without having to kill much, and kill the npc without asking for help.
    5. I'd like to be able to make exp groups that only have one priest.
    6. I'd like to one group old raid content. I'd like to be able to go, "/g I want to kill A. Is there an X, Y, and Z that will help?". I realize I could do this with any, but the less people I need the better.
    7. I'd like my priest to feel useful on raids.

    This is how I feel about that criteria. Please tell me where I'm wrong.

    4) I feel like cleric has the edge on assassination on account of being able to pull singles with pacify. I know pacify gets kneecapped after 65, but it still should make pulling easiest on a cleric? I know shamans could just man-mode the room during the levels where slow is op, but that goes away, right?

    5) Is single priest grouping a reasonable thing to want? I know shamans can do this around level 60 due to slow being OP, but since slow gets weakened in later expansions, can they always do it? Can clerics or druids do it ever? (I usually play with PUG tanks)

    6) Cleric should take the lead here due to best single target healing output + reses. Shamans take second due to slow being needed on most fights, but on the fights where it isn't, you don't really want a shaman.

    7) I feel like this is where cleric fails. Being the 10th cleric on a raid just sounds boring. I'm going to be DPSing most fights. Druid is probably preferable here. They have better patch heals.

    submitted by /u/SuperfluousBrain
    [link] [comments]

    What server?

    Posted: 21 May 2020 05:54 PM PDT

    So what server is everyone planning on playing? I plan on playing on the Aradune server myself.

    submitted by /u/TheFiggster
    [link] [comments]

    I've never played EQ before. Which server should I play on?

    Posted: 21 May 2020 04:45 AM PDT

    leveling my character to 80 then adding a heroic box?

    Posted: 21 May 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    im an sk. just hit 71. when i get to 80 would it make sense to add a boxed heroic wizard? then use 2 healer mercs?

    submitted by /u/ergoergoergoergo
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve got a theory..

    Posted: 21 May 2020 01:36 AM PDT

    What if back in 1999, the plaguebringer brought the virus to the Karana's (The Karana Virus) , but spelled it wrong??

    [You have become better at tinfoil hat (1)]

    submitted by /u/JRnotts
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment