• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 7, 2020

    Everquest New TLP Specific Subreddits for Aradune and Rizlona

    Everquest New TLP Specific Subreddits for Aradune and Rizlona


    New TLP Specific Subreddits for Aradune and Rizlona

    Posted: 06 May 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    With the upcoming release near the end of May for the new Time-Locked Progression servers, I've gone ahead and added new specific subreddits for those servers so people can start planning and talking directly for guild recruitment and/or other topics directly related to playing on them.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/AraduneTLP/

    https://www.reddit.com/r/RizlonaTLP/

    Feel free to move over and join/subscribe to those as well.

    If you are going to be active on those servers and are interested in participating as an assistant Moderator, you can also direct message me and I will review applications of folks interested to see who might be a good fit.

    submitted by /u/PeePeeChucklepants
    [link] [comments]

    Champions of Norrath

    Posted: 06 May 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    Could we ever see these remastered? I'd pay big bucks.

    submitted by /u/RuneLongSword
    [link] [comments]

    So. I played this from launch to about 2006 with relevant expansions. Figured why the heck not jump back in. Anyone know how different it feels?

    Posted: 06 May 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    I'm not asking for a rundown of what all exactly is different between then and now, but I am curious if anyone else played then and if the game functions somehow different. Am I going to find it familiar and just sort of have different zones and gear or is there fundamental engine changes?

    submitted by /u/ava-el
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else having issues logging in?

    Posted: 06 May 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    Can't log into the server screen

    submitted by /u/SteadlyBusiness
    [link] [comments]

    Twinking Guide?

    Posted: 06 May 2020 07:36 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I've been thinking about starting up a solo or duo boxing on live servers from the bottom, and one of my alltime favorite things to do back in the day was twinking out new characters and blowing through old zones like Crushbone, Blackburrow, and other favorites.

    Does anyone know of a guide or a list of twink items for a few different sorts of characters? I would likely run something for DPS and/or something that could tank at least trash content up to current. I have an 80-something SK with which to obtain said twink gear and a few thousand plat but nothing substantial.

    Thanks in advance!

    Edit: Your own input on items to obtain that are fun/OP would be great, too!

    submitted by /u/VooDeau
    [link] [comments]

    A few new player questions

    Posted: 06 May 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I've always wanted to try EQ and saw the opening of the new TLPs as a great time to start. I play both WoW and OSRS at a high level so I'm not an MMO noob, but absolutely an EverQuest noob. So I just have a few questions before I dive in:

    • Are class roles really set in stone? In WoW I main a Death Knight, so SK looks perfect from a class fantasy standpoint. But I'm more into DPS/Utility gameplay rather than tanking. If I roll SK I assume I'd have to tank every group I join?

    • If so, what class would you recommend for someone who really enjoys melee DPS? Some things I enjoy about my DK are its grip, anti-magic zone, self healing, strong AOE damage. Berserker also seems really fun, but is only available in a later expansion. I've heard monks are overpopulated, and rogues are bad solo? I'll mostly be wanting to play in groups rather than solo, however, so rogue may be a good choice.

    • Are tanks very desired for groups? WoW has and always has a very steep tank shortage, so tanks are able to find groups instantly while DPS has to wait forever.

    • How accommodating are groups to new players? The WoW community is very notoriously harsh to new players slowing down dungeon groups. If I were to tank a group and not know the dungeon layout, would that get me a lot of grief or are people generally willing to show me the way?

    submitted by /u/Armisen
    [link] [comments]

    So quest like Eldritch Collective Initiate will not be on new time locked servers?

    Posted: 06 May 2020 04:49 PM PDT

    Thoughts on hardware setups for returning to Rizlona

    Posted: 06 May 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    Same old story. Player returning to EQ from 2002 Luclin high school era. I thought I'd need to wait till retirement to play again, but this new WFH situation has empowered me to dive in.

    I know you don't need much to play EQ, since it worked back in the day, and system requirements on the EQ website are light. That being said, I'm not a poor high school kid anymore, and I'm willing pay up to get the best experience possible. I may double-box, but I can't see myself triple boxing.

    I'm assuming going all out with a $3k Alienware Ryzen and 3440x1440 gaming monitor will not make my EQ experience better than a $2k machine. I'm interested in optimizing immersion and gameplay, without frivolously wasting money for horsepower beyond EQ's capabilities.

    What are the upper limits here for gaming rig and monitor? What is EQ's max resolution output?

    submitted by /u/FahCureMother
    [link] [comments]

    85 Heroic Character for New & Returning Players

    Posted: 06 May 2020 02:50 PM PDT

    I'm personally curious about what to use this on, and I'm sure there are other new/returning players that maybe hit up a TLP with All Access and now have a Heroic Character boost available. Looking for some advice in general, but also specifically on these 2 questions:

    Complexity of different classes:

    I played a few classes on a TLP, so I assume I'd be more comfortable jumping those same ones at 85 on a live server. However, I bet I'm not alone in wanting to use the boost on a totally new class, but some classes (like an enchanter for example) seem extremely complex and it might be better to learn that while leveling up.

    My question would be, how do you rank each class on an easy/difficulty spectrum in terms of just being able to jump into it at 85 with no previous knowledge? (Assuming at least general MMO/EQ experience as a baseline)

    What's the end game like for the classes now on live servers?

    There are so many expansions now, and for a returning player, the overall experience with the game might be limited to only the first handful of expansions. Many people dropped off in the PoP-LDoN era. In terms of grouping, soloing, raiding, tanking and all of the group dynamics... what's sort of the community perception of each class now? Are rangers still bad tanks but good pullers? Is cleric still the defacto healer, or have shamans and druids been equalized a bit? Really any sort of advice that can shed light on the status of each class as they stand currently would be awesome.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/harkinsart
    [link] [comments]

    Epic Quest Pieces Availability on TLP

    Posted: 06 May 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    So, I know certain items (eye of innouruk, slime covered gloves, corrupted Emerald, etc) drop when server launches which are used for epics come kunark, but is there a list of which parts of the quest and which items of different epics are able to be completed on TLP when the server launches. Trying to get prepared ahead of launch and have as much of it completed before launch as possible.

    submitted by /u/Vash135
    [link] [comments]

    TLP Static Group

    Posted: 06 May 2020 01:10 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I want to start a solid TLP group that will play on launch and push to level 50 with me. I did it on the Agnarr, and Mangler and would like to do it again.

    Please PM me if you are interested.

    submitted by /u/Th3Ma5hatt3r
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment