• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 9, 2020

    Everquest Aradune rant: everyone knows how to play an enchanter like a god, and they WILL let you know.

    Everquest Aradune rant: everyone knows how to play an enchanter like a god, and they WILL let you know.


    Aradune rant: everyone knows how to play an enchanter like a god, and they WILL let you know.

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    Last night I was in a group for three hours. I made a few small mistakes, but no one ever died, clarity never dropped, I never went AFK, I always had a charm pet, I mezzed, tashed, and de-buffed as needed, and the exp flowed smoothly throughout.

    Even still, I was told by multiple group members how to play, what spells to have on my bar, where to leave my pet and on and on and on.

    I missed tash on my charm pet one time in the whole three hours, because it broke while three mobs were in camp and I just wanted to lock everything down.

    Did I hear "you need to tash your charm pets"? Yes of course I did.

    I understand complaining and telling people how to play when things are going poorly and the group is struggling.

    I don't understand complaining and class-splaining when the exp is flowing, no one is dying, and I'm buffing , mezzing, de-buffing, and charming for three straight hours.

    Yes sometimes people make small mistakes. My mezzes get broken and I just say no problem. People DoT an occasional add? No big deal we will get through it.

    It's a twenty year old elf simulator. If our efficiency is 90% instead of LEET min/max 100% efficiency at all times, it's probably gonna be okay.

    If you are a nit picker who can't just let people play even in a group where the exp is flowing steadily and no one is dying, WHY?

    TL:DR - 20 year elf simulator makes me mad

    P.S. if you really think your enchanter is terrible and you feel the need to explain to them how to play, why not just log yours in and bring your godly prowess to the group and deliver them to the promised land of exp?

    submitted by /u/CaiusRemus
    [link] [comments]

    I have reached the half of my life expectancy, and my very best memories are still from a mmo I played in my teens.

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 10:23 PM PDT

    I have a full time job, a home a girlfriend I work out 3 times a week and I ride my mtb whenever I can... but all I really want to do is lock myself in a dark basement and play Eq until I die of malnutrition.

    As a side note, any ideas when the next tlp will open? I may need to scratch that itch (again) .

    submitted by /u/ghighi_ftw
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for advice on class choice

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 01:08 PM PDT

    So I have a group that has been playing on Riz, but we decided to see the other side and start a leveling group for the live servers.

    Group make up = enc, sham, war, cleric so far.

    So I've got the dps slot(s). I felt immediately that a melee dps would shine with this group but I am struggling to choose between the zerker, rogue or monk.

    I know, I know, "play what you like"....here's the issue; I like them all a lot.

    Seems like the zerk, right? 'cuz - at top end it is highest dps and because it is a snare in the group.....though not sure that matters when we have multiple rooters.

    But then.....seems like monk right? We don't have a puller otherwise...cept...chanters can pull no problem and.....do we need singles with this group? I mean....really?

    But then....rogue right? Because, these are exactly the conditions you need to really play a rogue - a regular group.

    Anyway, I know it's all subjective, but I would like to hear your subjective thoughts....

    Last slot will likely be a boxed or merc wiz as we don't have a regular 6th.

    submitted by /u/ZorgoNox
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment