• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 2, 2020

    Everquest What or who is behind the name of the Windsong Sanctuary zone?

    Everquest What or who is behind the name of the Windsong Sanctuary zone?


    What or who is behind the name of the Windsong Sanctuary zone?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    Have some guy named Bartola trying to apply for a community and claimed Windsong Sanctuary is named after him. Have no knowledge of EQ and figure I ask here. True or fake news?

    submitted by /u/DavlosEve
    [link] [comments]

    MIM's greatest achievement

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    Had some trouble last night with Vox due to the server lag basically kicking everyone out but we were rewarded with something beyond our wildest dreams

    submitted by /u/Mandalore93
    [link] [comments]

    New EQ player need advice on choosing a class

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    Hi everyone I'm new to EQ and decided to play on Aradune. I need help on choosing a class to play. I have a lot of time to play the game and don't mind grouping when I need to, if that information matters in choosing a class. Thanks in advance for help.

    submitted by /u/Gamerjedi1337
    [link] [comments]

    Returning to live

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    I've been playing TLPs on and off for a few years, but I'd like to jump back into live. I haven't played on live in a loooong time. I have a few characters in the 70s-80s on Povar. Server seems kind of dead though. Would there be any benefit to transferring to another server if I don't really plan on raiding much?

    I'd also like to know the current state of mage pets. Last I played the earth pet could tank almost as well as a group geared tank. How is their tanking now? How would they compare to a group geared tank?

    I'm currently playing mage, bard, druid in the mid 70s. With mercs would I be able to three box to 115? Is there a similar comp that would work much better, with or without a pc tank? I'd prefer to have a bard in the group, but it's not a deal breaker if there's not.

    submitted by /u/Hobopirateninja
    [link] [comments]

    Touching base with old Everquest (Terris Thule) players

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    Greetings!

    I have seen some old threads that are now archived (which means won't let me reply) of some familiar names reaching out. I just wanted to drop a thread again so our names are out there too. Me an my mom both played Everquest since release. We started on Berttoxulous (sp?) and later moved to Terris Thule. We were in guilds: The Paragon, Arch of Chaos, and Dwarec Mercs throughout the years and server merges. My main was Casrealla, a ranger, and she played a shaman, Adellae, and a cleric, Salvae. Me and mom have been playing WoW for years now (I'm in my 30s now for those that remember me as a kid LOL) and plan to play Legion in November. We are on the Thrall server as Horde (I'm Lumiaura and she is still Salvae) if anyone is going to play and wants to reconnect!

    submitted by /u/wary-eyes
    [link] [comments]

    What would be the greatest challenge?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    So I've been debating some EQ challenges for myself, and then I thought it might be fun to stream them.

    tl;dr: What EQ content would you want to see streamed?

    So here is some of my background/context:

    - I played EQ religiously from 99 - 04; never a hardcore raider, but raided

    - I haven't played to a great extent since; tried to come back in '08 and was too far behind the curve; dabbled in other tlp's but again, not enough play time to stay ahead of the curve

    -I have regular play time now

    -I have a regular group I play with on Rizlona a couple of times a week; however I'm looking for something on off-days

    - I am guildless. So while I have a few rl friends playing - I already have a set time to play with them. So, outside my scheduled group, I know no one.

    - Not a streamer; this would be my first attempt; this is just supposed to be low-key casual fun.

    So here are my ideas to be the most difficult of challenges:

    - Live server: pure molo of a rogue - challenge myself to go from 1 to 100 with only a merc; I've had people tell me it can't be done, I'd like to see. Viewers would help direct me on my route.

    -Live server: solo class (necro, dru or bard); no mercs. Can group with live players, but will only go LFG and not form groups. No groups = go solo. Again, I wonder if I could.....I would want to avoid streamer viewers helping with groups in this scenario but I would follow their advice.

    -Live server: grouping challenge - create a toon and then challenge myself to create in-game groups from 1 to 115 using no mercs. Again, told it can't be done. I'd like to see. I could make it easy and go FV or Vox (seems like the most lowbie's here), but I'm also open to like, say something like Povar where everyone is a high end raider and boxer - could I inspire enough people to re-experience leveling? This is another scenario where I would want to avoid viewers helping.

    Viewer's choice - let the viewers choose my race, class, server and parameters for leveling (must solo, must molo, whether viewers can help, etc.

    Not as challenging challenges:

    Aradune rogue level - Can I get a guild? Can I find groups easily? How long does it take a streaming rogue to form a group? Here I'd be open to forming groups with viewers and I'd advertise in-game that I was streaming to form groups. This may not be much of a challenge.

    Live server group challenge - start on a live server, form groups with viewers and players to go from 1 to 115

    Aradune Non-traditional leveling path: viewers join to level in places no one goes and avoiding the normal routes - no CB, no Oasis, no Unrest. Something like a 'all Qeynos-side' leveling experience.

    Viewer's choice - let the viewers choose race, class, server, however, it is participatory; viewer's can join and help.

    What are your thoughts? Which of the above sounds the most challenging? Which would you want to see streamed? Is there a challenge I missed? What would you want to see.

    submitted by /u/ZorgoNox
    [link] [comments]

    I'm sure these posts popup a lot... but

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    What's the recommended way to play these days? standard rulesets or TLP? I'm not sure about populations for both and the pros of either (I know the cons are slow leveling, that's just EQ in a nutshell though)

    submitted by /u/Ardebaren
    [link] [comments]

    Lord Grimrot

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 04:41 AM PDT

    Confused Paladin here. Is there a reason why Lord Grimrot is being camped by mages necros and wizards when the only quest I can find associated with him is for a paladin / cleric quest ?

    submitted by /u/MandoFire
    [link] [comments]

    Rizlona box-comp viability

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    Between my brother and I, we can play 5 accounts: (him 2, me 3).

    We've been kicking around the idea of: paladin, monk, monk, bard, shaman.

    I'd be playing the paladin, a monk, and the shaman; he'd play a monk and the bard.

    However, my concern is that I've never played a paladin before and while it seems like their healing is decent in classic, idk if I'm really making a huge mistake not having a cleric.

    If substituting a cleric for the shaman, it seems that shadowknight would make a better tank since there's so much overlap between the utility a paladin brings and what a cleric brings.

    My goal isn't to min-max the perfect group composition, but just to have something different.

    submitted by /u/Siven
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment