• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 20, 2020

    Everquest Looking for casual guild / friends to play with on Aradune.

    Everquest Looking for casual guild / friends to play with on Aradune.


    Looking for casual guild / friends to play with on Aradune.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    Cleric here. Only level 5 currently and have no idea what I'm doing. I like long walks on the beach and good whiskey. Name is Auroch. Safe travels

    submitted by /u/wingnut1337
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie question EQ1

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    Brand new to the game. Are quest really a thing in early EQ? I started a necro in aradune (Qeynos) and found out that the npc that the first questgiver sends you to doesn't exist yet? should I bother figuring out questing here and just grind in the Qeynos aquaducts?

    submitted by /u/gwolfx
    [link] [comments]

    Returning Player Questions on Boxing, etc

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    Hi All!

    I originally played EQ on The Sleeper server (now Xegony), and have a 65 druid. I decided to make a 6 box team, and have been PLing them with the druid (they are 52 now). I picked SK, Enc, Shm, Wiz, Mag as the box partners. Now that they are getting up in level, I have a few questions:

    1) AAs - The druid has had his AAs autogranted, so I am wondering who I should sign up for All Access to get the next autogrant. I'm thinking SK? He will probably be the most important character to keep geared/AA filled, right?

    2) Box vs Mercs - I'm not planning on keeping six subs, not for cash anyway. I was thinking of rotating them to get the AAs granted. Now I'm wondering if maybe I wouldn't be better served with Mercs at high levels vs F2P characters that don't have all of their AAs. Thoughts?

    3) Gear - I read the leveling guide both here and on Almar's site, and both say gear becomes quite important at 70+. Should I always funnel the best gear to the tank (SK) or is it better to distribute gear evenly to the group? Will I be able to get decent gear for all of them with this set up, or should I drop some box members?

    Thanks for all your help!

    submitted by /u/Bubbly_Question
    [link] [comments]

    Necro grouping question

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    Since the dot revamp, are we still using swift dots for grouping?

    submitted by /u/redwud3381
    [link] [comments]

    About to get into EQ2

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    And was wondering about the playerbase of the game? I left most mmo at some point because being a casual player who doesn't have "gamer" friends I had trouble in a few games with lfg, namely that a good amount just wanted to rush through. I'd either get kicked before starting or moaned at during that I'm unsure of how a dungeon progresses etc. It kinda ruins the experience that it's a dice roll if I could participate in a dungeon.

    As an older game I'm assuming, like lotro, the playerbase is older too? As in more casual friendly and generally pleasant. I don't have the patience or time for negativity like that in a video game.

    Any tips too about the game and servers (EU) would be great too.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Achilex
    [link] [comments]

    Any GINA connected folks here?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 06:56 AM PDT

    I returned a few months back. Doing the progression to 115 on my Enchanter to join my guild on raids. They are running some older raids to back flag people on Saturday mornings. I joined them last week and realized I hadn't yet installed GINA. After doing so, the app won't start up. Nothing about the install seems to fail and I can see where the app is located. I figure there is something else I need to configure (one person suggested I had a firewall issue) and would get back to it later.

    Did some digging around and found out that the app is throwing an exception attempting to load up the config xml (overflow in setting the processor affinity). Great /s At that point, I figure I need to contact the developers and get them the stacktrace and any other pertinent info they may require. I hop on their forums and create an account. Verify the email and then wait for them to approve me. And wait. And wait some more. BTW, still waiting.

    So, anyone have contact with the devs to figure out a) what's the hold up on getting an account approved and b) ultimately figure out why my system is generating an exception (I know others are running it; this can't be a normal thing) and what I can do about it?

    As an aside, I've also reverse-engineered the code (I'm a .NET developer) and have a working version of the app. Well, mostly working. It won't contact the backend service GINA uses for syncing. That wouldn't trouble me too much except the guild uses exported triggers (or rather, uses a capability to read in a {GINA:guid-id} from the logs and grab the triggers from the service, I think).

    submitted by /u/system_player
    [link] [comments]

    Question about live service

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 12:27 AM PDT

    I havent played live EQ since DoN expansion. I notice everyone seems to get max AA now and that there is tiered group gear.

    What has changed? How hard is it to get group gear and AA? Is raid gear far superior? Can you get the AA and gear with a 3 man group and mercenaries?

    Would appreciate any feedback on what live has to offer. I kinda miss it.

    submitted by /u/Taswo
    [link] [comments]

    Multi boxing alternatives to Parsec

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    Hi everyone. I made a post a few days ago about multi boxing and got some suggestions for what programs to use. I tried just using chrome remote but the mouse sensitivity was always out of wack. Parsec looks amazing but it won't run on my old laptop that I use for Eq. Anyone use another program similar to Parsec that they would recommend? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Taylor_rules
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment