• Breaking News

    Friday, September 11, 2020

    Everquest Thinking about giving EQ2 a shot.

    Everquest Thinking about giving EQ2 a shot.


    Thinking about giving EQ2 a shot.

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 05:56 AM PDT

    I never really played the game, I think I made a character or two and ran around on my old shitty PC that could barely run EQ1 at the time. Realized I forgot to turn auto-renew off on my daybreak account so I figured I might as well give it a-go.

    Any tips for someone whos played a lot of EverQuest over the years but never really dabbled with its sequel?

    submitted by /u/SuperBry
    [link] [comments]

    Just posting to see if I can find my old guildmates

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 06:12 AM PDT

    Anyone here from Bristlebane that was in a guild called Shadows of the Forgotten? I've missed my first family.

    submitted by /u/Murdedya17
    [link] [comments]

    Aradune vs Mangler : a returning players observation of lowbie life

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 06:25 AM PDT

    I played EQ back in the before time. I was in college, playing with my college buddies. We were there for Kunark and Velious (the first time) and then I stopped playing.

    Some of my college buddies kept playing on and off and the convinced me to come back and we made some toons on Aradune to group together. I've been having a blast reliving the good times and I've worked very hard to earn some cash to help equip our toons on there.

    They play mostly on Mangler so I figured I'd make some toons over there to explore the newer content and harass them as they raid.

    My experiences couldn't be more different.

    I created a Pally on Mangler and started going through the tutorial and the gear they were giving me blew my mind! This crap is like bronze plate but with pluses to every imaginable stat! I got a 10% haste item and a jboots like item. I also left the tutorial with 100pp, 3 stacks of rat steaks and 15 in baking (which cost me 0p to attain).

    I left the tutorial ready to tear up some newbie zones. The PoK makes traveling so easy so I dropped into GFay to check on CB. I was the only person in CB so I headed to the commons and I was the only person in the commons. I went to Befallen and I was the only person in Befallen. I ended up in SRo being the only person in SRo (besides my friend's boxed druid that was helping me)

    It looks like a lonely life for a lowbie on Mangler, but the gear is off the charts! I bought a 17/38 magical sword for 15pp from a trader in the bazaar and a bronze bracer for 2sp! I think the 17/38 might be one of the best ratio weapons I've owned in EverQuest ever.

    On Aradune I'm spending hundreds of plat on gear that people are asking pocket change for on Mangler. On Aradune there are people in all the newbie zones and you can group with them but you have to bust your ass to scrape together plat to buy some gear.

    That being said. Aradune isn't anything like the old days of Kunark. The game is a lot more forgiving and the QoL improvements make a huge difference. I love the loot system and being able to sick my pet on some decaying skeleton and collect the bone chips as I keep running. The gear is also way more accessible.

    I'm still undecided where I'm going to land and spend my time. If I stay on Aradune I won't see my irl friends in game but I'll have peeps to interact with and make friends with. If I go to Mangler my irl friends will probably twink my face off but I'll have to solo pretty much forever. I'm a pretty casual player with only a few hours to play a week and I've already invested a lot of time into my Aradune toons.

    submitted by /u/calzonegolem
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment