• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 7, 2021

    Everquest What are my options for recreating my experience of playing EverQuest 20 years ago (around when SoL was released)?

    Everquest What are my options for recreating my experience of playing EverQuest 20 years ago (around when SoL was released)?


    What are my options for recreating my experience of playing EverQuest 20 years ago (around when SoL was released)?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 02:02 PM PDT

    Hey. I started playing EverQuest before Shadows of Luclin was released (it released while I played), and my first character was a high elf enchanter. I loved leveling up in Greater Faydark (the Kelethin music makes me incredibly nostalgic). The atmosphere of that place was absolutely magical. Then, the chaos of all the trains in the Crushbone area... loved it. Such great memories. And I love the lack of an in-game map! I actually enjoyed spamming Sense direction to improve it, and learning to find my way around the various zones. I think I still have a folder of printed-out maps from eqatlas.com somewhere...

    Anyway, I'm rambling. The point of this post is - can I play like that again? I understand there are several versions of EverQuest now, and I'm not sure I want all these improvements that happened after I played (I don't want a WoW-like childified experience). I want to level up slowly, sitting around medidating and, gasp, actually talking to my party members while doing so.

    submitted by /u/Enfors
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for guidance

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 05:23 PM PDT

    Looking for some guidance about coming back to EQ. I left around POP time and recently started playing again. I have started on Project 1999 but I really want to see the new content as well as play thru some of the old. The TLP servers seem to be perfect with the Aradune model I think being a great match with the limited boxing which I assume will encourage grouping/socializing (?).

    1. Should I jump in Aradune now or are there too few lower level groups/guilds recruiting or should I wait for another TLP server to start up
    2. Is there going to be another TLP server starting?
    3. I never did much raiding but would like to see/revisit some of the old raids (Vox, nagafen, Hate etc). Are these still done or just bypassed completely?
    4. What expansion is Aradune up to now?
    5. Looking at playing Enchanter vs shaman vs SK. Reasonable choices in the game now?

    Thank you for any help.

    submitted by /u/shamanguy
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a Youtube channel

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 07:00 PM PDT

    He played a barbarian shaman.

    I remember two videos the guy had. One where he showed a painting of freeport on his wall with a little switch to make the music start.

    Another exploring hidden rooms in highpass. He's quite known just can't find it ><

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/The_Mighty_Shards
    [link] [comments]

    Hitting a wall leveling...

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 12:47 PM PDT

    So every time try to level a necro, I run into a wall about 64 or so, but my mage blew right threw .... both purely molo. What am I doin wrong ? on FV BTW

    submitted by /u/Generic-User-01
    [link] [comments]

    Veteran player returning after 20 years.... where do i get necro gear?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 10:02 AM PDT

    I haven't played since 2002. I have a 20 necro, and an 80ish druid.
    I am trying to PL my necro, but he just has starter gear.
    Is there a place I can hunt with my druid that would have good gear for my necro? or is gear level locked now?

    submitted by /u/Hett1138
    [link] [comments]

    Personal Trophies help

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 09:16 AM PDT

    As there does not seem to be a definitive list of personal trophies, and i am relatively new to returning to the game, does anyone have a list they recommend (this is a follow up to the anniversary quests question)?

    I have:
    - the tent (from the 19th anniversary)
    - seafarers from TDS completion
    - scavenger
    - dreams (HoT)
    - Duality
    - Rallos Zek axe

    I ask as a paladin and a focus on heroic dex and AC, any advice on where i am missing or should go is appreciated

    cheers

    submitted by /u/infosectechguru
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment