• Breaking News

    Monday, May 10, 2021

    Everquest Let's talk Mischief release and the rules.

    Everquest Let's talk Mischief release and the rules.


    Let's talk Mischief release and the rules.

    Posted: 10 May 2021 02:23 PM PDT

    First things first, I hope everyone who chooses to play on Mischief has fun and enjoys playing EverQuest. It's a video game, and that's what it's meant for. If you won't be playing on Mischief, then I'd simply ask that you refrain from arguing about which experience is better. Everyone's got an opinion on their style of play, and please express them, but please don't argue or belittle others for their choice of playstyle.

    As with every TLP release, the sub spikes in activity and I'm not here to tell most of you anything you don't already know. However I feel the need to remind people to be specifically mindful of rules #1 and #2:

    • Be civil to each other, that is to say please refrain from using hateful language toward others. If you insist that your argument is important, then it's important enough to take to tells (private messages.)

    • In keeping with the first rule, we will not allow "drama posts" about people, players or guilds. This includes no out of context cherry picking of logs and/or screenshots. Provide context or provide nothing.

    Threads about server drama aren't allowed. This isn't a server board circa 2000. You are free to create your own subreddit for your TLP if you desire a place for that kind of thing.

    While we are on the subject, TLP specific subreddits will no longer be linked in the sidebar.

    Why's that? As you may have noticed, there were multiple links for different subreddits for Aradune and Rizlona, different people want theirs to be the 'official' one and instead of playing favorite, both were added. We will be adding some lines to automod to send us mod mail when TLP related subreddits are linked in comments, as we aren't looking to allow rule skirting via links. Links to those subs pop up maybe twice a cycle so I don't expect this to be much of an issue, if at all.

    Mischief FAQ:

    • What does Free Trade mean?
      • It means most drops are tradeable, there are very few items with the "NO TRADE" tag
    • What is Random Loot?
      • The details aren't overly clear, loot will drop in level tiers from "rare monster" flagged NPCs from a shared loot table of items from the other "rare monsters" in that tier.
    • When is Mischief launching?
      • May 26th
    • What are the boxing rules?
      • Truebox, 1 client per device
    • How long do expansions take to unlock?
      • 2mo non Level Cap increase, 3mo Level Cap increase
      • Classic 1mo, Kunark 2mo, LDoN 1mo
    submitted by /u/Tobris
    [link] [comments]

    Mischief Looking for Guild / Group Megathread

    Posted: 10 May 2021 02:32 PM PDT

    This thread is for everyone that wants to advertise their guild, static group, or look for guild members or friends on the new Mischief TLP.

    FAQ:

    • What does Free Trade mean?
      • It means most drops are tradeable, there are very few items with the "NO TRADE" tag
    • What is Random Loot?
      • The details aren't overly clear, loot will drop in level tiers from "rare monster" flagged NPCs from a shared loot table of items from the other "rare monsters" in that tier.
    • When is Mischief launching?
      • May 26th
    • What are the boxing rules?
      • Truebox, 1 client per device
    • How long do expansions take to unlock?
      • 2mo non Level Cap increase, 3mo Level Cap increase
      • Classic 1mo, Kunark 2mo, LDoN 1mo
    submitted by /u/Tobris
    [link] [comments]

    Classic Zones by Rares/Level for Mischief

    Posted: 10 May 2021 06:58 PM PDT

    Classic Zones by Rares/Level for Mischief

    This began as a thought experiment based on the ruleset for Mischief and comments in other threads around which zones will be best for grouping based on native rare population. Hope you find this as interesting and potentially useful as I did. If there's a lot of positive feedback, I'll happily repeat this for Kunark + Velious.

    Methodology:

    • Used Classic Hunter achievement window in-game + Allakhazam zone NPS lists. This does not therefore include any "bosses" that I could see.
    • Counted rares by 5-level range and simply put a number for each rare listed.
    • Manually re-organized the list to make visual sense.

    Rares per Classic zone by 5-level range

    Conclusions:

    • Much gnashing of teeth has been made about the popularity of zones like Unrest. While it has a decent grouping of rares in the 20-30 range, Lavastorm Mountains and South Karana both have more rares in the same range by 2-3x. If you're really after rares and the loot pinata from them, there are lots of solid options in all level ranges.
    • Lower Guk 35-45 has an absolutely insane 14 rares which is more than most other zones, with 6 more above/below that range. We knew some zones would be rare fiestas and this provides clear data to visualize it.
    • Rares aren't everything: Crushbone is one of my favorites for its level range, so it's a question of what your objective is. If the favorite zones are overflowing, this list provides alternatives where the group could benefit from possible rare drops.
    • Looking vertically up/down the list provides a glimpse into where some of the potential shared loot pools may be. If you really want that piece of gear that normally drops in 25-30 Lavastorm, consider Sol A which has a similarly high number of rares in that level range.
    submitted by /u/piffenstein
    [link] [comments]

    Enchanter on TLP

    Posted: 10 May 2021 05:40 PM PDT

    In prep for the new server, I'm wondering how enchanter will play out as an investment. I am not super aware of the mechanics on TLPs either.

    Like does mana regen really limit groups?

    Slows / haste / cc / charm pet / lull

    Any of these aspect I should be aware get negated by the current rules on TLPs/ a expansion in particular?

    Does anyone know from prior TLPs how enchanter demand evolvs. Do they have a hay-day and fall off. Ect??

    In raids how many do they usually let In? Is it one of those one and done classes. You buff but don't bring any dam so we just need the one.

    I like the class as far as I know in pre SoL classic rules. I generally like to group with the option to solo. I like to buff others. I also want to be allowed in raids. If enchanter is some glaring weakness I also enjoy busting so I feel like some dps classes could be real runner ups.

    Thanks for the input! 😁

    submitted by /u/LoschyTeg
    [link] [comments]

    Everquest API

    Posted: 10 May 2021 09:42 PM PDT

    Is there an API that you can query to get skill/item info. Like search for each AA ability/stat increase/whatever and make a list from that.

    submitted by /u/Fintara
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions on things to do (other than leveling) as a level 16 enchanter?

    Posted: 10 May 2021 07:12 AM PDT

    I've recently started playing on Project 1999 Green after not having played since just after SoL came out in 2001 (or 2002).

    I have a high elf enchanter who has leveled up to 16 on Crushbone orcs, and now I've moved to NRo / Oasis. The problem is, those areas aren't as interesting as Clan Crushbone was - quite frankly, they're quite boring.

    So to spice things up a bit, I want to give myself "quests" or "todos" to do, to add some variation. Right now, the only thing on my todo list is:

    • Make 20 plat then go to Highpass Hold and get some enchanter pet spells

    But after that, I'm unsure what else I can do. I've used tailoring to make myself a raw silk armor set. The weapon I have is some junk I found in Clan Crushbone, so an upgrade in that department would be nice. But I have no idea what to get - I don't know what there is to get, that's achievable for my level.

    In other words - please suggest things for me to add to my todo list. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Enfors
    [link] [comments]

    Mischief - Cleric or SK?

    Posted: 10 May 2021 01:28 AM PDT

    I'll keep this post simple.

    I can't decide between Cleric or Sk.

    I don't make alts.

    I don't box.

    I'm going from Classic to Live on Mischief.

    Which class will be the highest in demand after Planes of Power launches?

    Pros/Cons?

    I'm hoping that someone will write a pro or con to sway me in one direction.

    submitted by /u/TheHappyInvestor
    [link] [comments]

    Neutral Alignment

    Posted: 10 May 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    If a good alignment race has better standing with other good alignment races, and evil alignment races have a better standing with other evil aligned races. The polar opposite effect for their respective counter alignments expected.
    Then... Do Neutral aligned races have a better standing between other like Neutral races?
    What impact does Neutral alignment have on other alignment races? (One would presume neutral).

    Edit: Removed erroneous reference to wiki.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Caibek
    [link] [comments]

    Raiding guilds controlling Mischief market

    Posted: 10 May 2021 06:36 AM PDT

    So I have never played on FV really , I may have tried to twink 1 or 2 characters , but this was so late in FV's history prices were dirt cheap on everything I wanted. So I had a thought with how the raiding culture is these days in pretty much every MMORPG, and how raiding guilds pretty much control everything anyway .

    How bad do we think the economy is gonna be ? Obviously nothing can be done with a small group of people controlling the raid items economy ( though the random loot will defintely help I would think ) , so how much should I prepare myself for ?

    submitted by /u/Lwik
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment