• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 19, 2021

    Everquest New TLP Paladin

    Everquest New TLP Paladin


    New TLP Paladin

    Posted: 19 May 2021 04:27 PM PDT

    I'm planning on trying paladin this go around for the new mischief tlp. I've only ever leveled one to about 30 or so and thought it would be a nice change of pace since i've played almost every other class a dozen times. Which race works best for them? Purely stat wise, it looks like dwarf is the best starting race, minus the charisma. I figure i could dump like 5 pts into agility and the other 15 in charisma to boost it up to 70 and that should be good enough in the beginning. Does that sound like a solid plan, and do any of the pally veterans out there have any tips for a new pally player? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Ulti28
    [link] [comments]

    Duo choice help for mischief?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 02:08 PM PDT

    Right now I am leaning torward Sham/Ranger.

    But also interested in Bard/Wizard or Druid/Paladin.

    I have played a lot of Bard the past TLP and to be honest I am not sure I want to do it again.

    I am just looking for a duo that can find groups pretty easily and also solo some if needed.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/NetTryxe
    [link] [comments]

    Playing a melee without a box shaman

    Posted: 19 May 2021 04:49 PM PDT

    Anyone ever played a melee character without a boxed shaman? I am going to keep my main attention on Aradune, but when Mischief comes out I have been wanting to play an SK or a Bard, but I am kind of sick of boxing a shaman. I am most interested in cleric as I have never played one past level 20. Is it viable for me to play as a melee main with a cleric box without a significant slow? I have played SK, Rogue, Ranger, and Monk with a shaman box quite extensively, but haven't tried to get even moderately serious with anything but a shaman box.

    I'm really hoping to go Bard/Cleric but I am thinking that when I'm playing early mornings and can't find a group the kills will be way too slow, and I would still be so dependent on finding a tank to easily get a decent group started Can anyone speak to that experience?

    submitted by /u/grand_scheme
    [link] [comments]

    The most nostalgia I've had from Everquest in a long time

    Posted: 19 May 2021 04:06 AM PDT

    I always try to play EQ these days on Live, TLP or P99 and something just isn't there any more. I then find things like this on YT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egErjaxXK-c and instantly connect with it, emotion and memories come flooding back.

    If you want to feel something again with EQ go listen to that, I'm pretty sure it resonates with so many people. Literally no game has ever come close to being like EQ.

    submitted by /u/Falcubar
    [link] [comments]

    Mischief Hype! and thornblade too..

    Posted: 19 May 2021 11:34 AM PDT

    Duoing with one box on a pair of Trolls (SK and Shaman) Questions

    Posted: 19 May 2021 12:18 PM PDT

    Is there any issues I'd run into this that are unforeseen to someone that hasn't played in years? I honestly don't know how far I'll go. I never experienced Velious or Luclin, and very little of PoP. I might make it about that far.

    Ogres have frontal stun immunity, is it worth either character being a Ogre?

    Am I going to have a rough time with being evil characters for general game-play? Such as trading in other cities along the way.

    Is the regen from trolls really worth it on both characters? I plan on mostly duoing myself, as I can't regularly commit +2 hours in a regular group.

    I think this would make a solid combo, I really like to play a melee (SK) characters which would probably be my main if I didn't have box running on a raid. Seems like SKs are very popular and it would be tough to get into a raid.

    My favourite option probably would have been two Iskars, Monk and Shaman. Is it worth the month wait?

    I just think the classic troll models are hilarious, and I like the regen in theory, just wonder if this is a practical combo or if i should do it with other races?

    submitted by /u/TekayTeekz
    [link] [comments]

    How long would it take to get actually caught up?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 09:29 AM PDT

    K so... me and my brother are having quite the debate and neither of us have much of a clue so we figured we'd consult people who hopefully do...

    The debate...

    I personally do not believe that you can catch up to live servers with a heroic character in anything less than like a year of straight playing.

    My possibly faulty understanding...

    You get auto granted AA's up to like 5k, and after that you start to experience significant reduction in the time it takes to get AA's? My assumption is that if I got to 5k relatively quickly, getting caught up to the what now like 30k aa's? I can only imagine that's going to take 100's of hours just grinding them out.

    In addition to that, the 2.0's require raid drops and I don't even know about the 3.0 aug or whatever.

    Getting the gear alone required to even be able to step into current tier content would require basically going back to old raids and getting gear from there and progressing from the previous tier end raids into group content...

    My brother believes that it would be relatively quick to catch up and be ready for current content. He thinks maybe 3 months and we'd be caught up.

    He primarily wants to do the swarm kiting stuff, we've seen it done with SK's but I assume that would require even more gear / aa's etc than just regular grouping? Not to mention probably raid gear or quest specifics etc...

    Can someone please give us both a little schooling on how feasible it is that someone with not a lot of game knowledge could purchase an 85, get it to max level and relatively decent amount of aa's and ready to do current content?

    submitted by /u/emosoundlogic
    [link] [comments]

    Enchanters on Live

    Posted: 19 May 2021 09:05 AM PDT

    How are enchanters in the current Live environment (not TLP)? What kind of role do they have?

    Everything I read about enchabters is about how OP they were back in the day and during early expansions but I'm interested in their power/duties in the current expansion.

    Same for shaman as well - actually does anyone know a current guide that accurately describes all class roles on Live and how they stack up in their roles?

    submitted by /u/gobidobi
    [link] [comments]

    SK pulling and aggro spells 1-60

    Posted: 19 May 2021 07:56 AM PDT

    I have always played Paladins, Rangers and Beastlords for the most part as my melees, and have been happy with them.

    I have tried 3-4 SKs over the last 20 years, but they never really "clicked" with me. However, rather than roll my 23rd Paladin, or 17th Ranger, doing the same thing over and over again, I decided to give the SK another try.

    The main question I have is:
    What are the main few spells for pulling and holding aggro. After looking around on the internet at various sources, everyone seems to say something different.

    Also, please note, this is for a casual player for the 1-60 game, so please dont tell me about items, focus effects and raid loot from 90+ content, as it is not relevant.

    For more info - Trio box of SK, Magician and Cleric, a single Rogue DPS for a 4-member group. The 2 other mercs stay suspended for tough fights/nameds. Mostly in Kunark, Velious and Luclin content.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Mercadius
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment