• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 14, 2021

    Everquest Is there a way to play classic Everquest? Around the 2000 era?

    Everquest Is there a way to play classic Everquest? Around the 2000 era?


    Is there a way to play classic Everquest? Around the 2000 era?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 03:54 PM PDT

    60 warrior solo with cleric merc and rabbit. Where to go? Live server. Tunare

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 08:31 AM PDT

    Where is the best place to solo grind for exp?

    Just getting back into the game after 20 years. Was able to find decent gear and weapons. And played through the tutorial on a new character to get things figured out.

    Edit: viscous rabbit is worthless…

    submitted by /u/Machosod
    [link] [comments]

    Get your Rat Ears while you can!

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 07:50 PM PDT

    July 13, 2021


    *** Items *** - Rat Ears will no longer be available for purchase from merchants until The Serpent's Spine is active.

    Not a super big deal I guess. It was a modest plat sink to use rat ears to level up an alt to level 15-20.

    submitted by /u/Kame_House2
    [link] [comments]

    Small rant / vent ...

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 05:11 AM PDT

    So I haven't played EQ in over 18 or 19 years I guess. The last xpac I played was Velious.

    I played the eq beta, and have a ton of fond memories and still play and talk to some of the people that I played with back in the day. We've all grown older, got married, had kids etc.

    Anyways, a couple of us decided to start playing on Mischief ... and I want to say we've been having a TON of fun. It's amazing how much stuff you remember ... like riding a bike :D

    However, a couple of us have been working on our epics ... and jesus h. christ on a bicycle what the fuck? I get it, rare npc spawns, etc etc etc.... it's Everquest. But I'm a monk, my friend is a cleric, and 2 of the mobs required for items are 110% camped 24/7 by multiboxers. One is the pipe in KC and the other is the crown for the cleric quest in Lake Rathe.

    To make matters worse, the multiboxers are selling the items for 6krono. Which is what, $110 in real world money. I'm sure people are buying them, else they wouldn't sell them. One guy, last night, refused to sell me the item for plat, because apparently there's an active plat duping bug so people are duping plat?

    But, other than Daybreak wanting to make money from people buying krono, what is the logic behind this? The TLP's release the xpacs "quickly"... the spawn time of the mobs are rare and long. It makes it near impossible for semi-casual people to get their stuff done. In fact, it's down right frustrating.

    Why not make these items No Drop? Granted there's still competition I guess over the mobs, but they maybe wouldn't be camped 24/7 by "Krono Farmers"? Why not make the mobs spawn more ... or make an npc like the agent of change that could spawn an instance with a chance to spawn the mob for someone working on the quest or something.

    Why does /pick have to be load balanced .. why not just allow a full group of players to spawn their own pick and go after a mob? Is it really doing to break the game if there's a chance for more xxxx loot off a mob? Keep the mob spawn rate the same, rare ... and let people start their own instance of a dungeon?

    Don't get me wrong -- I'm having fun in EQ again, but this is just frustrating. I think part of the problem is Krono. The exchange value is through the roof. I think right now 1Krono is like 15k plat on Mischief now.

    I get that it makes Daybreak money --- but in all honesty, the people buying these expensive items for Krono aren't buying Krono from DB. I mean, I saw a Azure Sky robe for 18krono ? Insanity.

    Rant over --- I just needed to vent because it's early --- I got up early to see if I could get a KC group to get the pipe I needed ... and just needed to vent.

    submitted by /u/wangel
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to evaluate new weapons as a warrior?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 09:49 AM PDT

    I have been focusing on ratio but when I equip a new weapon with a higher ratio sometimes my attack goes down… I have no idea what I'm doing. What should I be looking for as a dual wielding warrior?

    submitted by /u/Machosod
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! AA points, caps, membership levels, when to grind them, and general confusion surrounding the AA system

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 02:10 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    As a newly returning player, I vaguely remember the AA system coming online back in the day. I have searched Reddit, Ala's, daybreak forums, and anything else Google had, and my questions remain unanswered.

    It sounds like gold memberships have unlimited AA points... but is this at even level 51? I have read all kinds of stuff that just doesn't fit.

    Can someone please just lay out the whole picture once and for all on how the AA point system works for F2P and gold in 2021? Is there a cap on how many you can earn at each level? There's too much contradicting information out there that spans the last decade over multiple stages of the AA system development.

    What started this search was that I was trying to find out when is the best time as a gold player to grind out AA points. If you actually have unlimited AA points, wouldn't it be easier to grind them out at 51 instead of 100+? The only thing stopping this is a cap... when does one actually have an unlimited AA cap?

    Thanks all

    submitted by /u/PingerInThaHouse
    [link] [comments]

    Old Mobile Game

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 08:58 AM PDT

    There were 2 older mobile games I guess developed between 2003-2006 "EverQuest: Hero's Call" and "EverQuest: Hero's Call 2" that were developed in BREW. There are several archived pages reviewing the game, but idk if there is any active mobile app stores for BREW that still offer these games today. Anyone have any information on this?

    Here's a review of the game: https://www.gamespot.com/amp-reviews/everquest-heros-call-review/1900-6094168/

    It got an 8.9/10. That's pretty damn good.

    submitted by /u/erfg12
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to start on Mischief!

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 06:53 AM PDT

    So I've decided to get back into EQ after an extended break. I played on Rizlona until about a week before velious dropped, not a whole lot of time but COVID hit us pretty close to home and I just couldn't juggle it. Riz was the first TLP I bothered in and the boxing aspect made it super enjoyable and easy for me. I want to roll again on Mischief and get back into it but I've never done a true box rule set. I rolled a mage thinking that it would be a decent class to farm with as I'd be starting out with nothing, but I also don't fully enjoy mage game play. I would love to group but solo when I have to. What would be a decent class viability wise, with group appeal as well. My necro and riz was great fun but getting groups was god awful. Are shamans so over populated that I would struggle there as well? Just looking for some TLP advice in general I suppose since I didn't get much experience the first time around. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Dismal_Aeries
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment