• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 3, 2020

    Everquest Your most epic drop?

    Everquest Your most epic drop?


    Your most epic drop?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:09 PM PDT

    I love reading the stories, as a player of EQOA on the PS2 long ago I was completely fascinated with gear and weapons. The things you guys got in the PC game were even more impressive. What were some of the more epic things you looted, or saw some other player wearing and never saw again?

    submitted by /u/ScottyHoliday
    [link] [comments]

    Decided to give this game a shot again...

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    I played on Mangler a few months ago and that was basically my first time I actually spent some time playing EQ. I only got to about 30 and then stopped. Recently, heard about the Aradune server. Figured it would be a good time to jump in, more towards the start rather than a few expansions in. Enchanter, Magician, and Necromancer I have been debating between. From my understanding gear isn't a huge deal for casters compared to tanks(usually I play a tank.) Was trying to find a character that could solo if need be, every once in a while I don't have a lot of time to play so I don't want to waste a groups time. Tried a Druid on Mangler and it was okay. My main goal is to have fun, group, and make friends because I don't know anyone that plays EQ.

    How do you go about finding a guild? I'd like to steer clear of the guilds that invite people just to have big numbers. Guilds that actually do content together and group together is what I'm looking for.

    Sorry if this is a little all over the place. There is a lot about this game I really enjoy, just trying to gain my footing with it all.

    submitted by /u/PaulyShoreBuhdee
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips on dealing with weight and encumbrance?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    Just wondering what I can do to negate so much weight on my character. If it matters, I am playing a Wood Elf Ranger with a strength of 70. I've got 6 backpacks and a lot of raw hide armor on, which already put me over my weight amount. I just started getting drops of mail armor in Unrest and I'm not sure how to handle it. I've spent 90% of my grouping time tanking, so I assume I should try to wear the mail gear? I know it will only get worse, so I'm wondering if there is anything I am overlooking that would help? Not sure if I just messed up my starting stats, but I really didn't know where to put them and left them defaulted. Haven't played EQ in forever. Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/Krathicus
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing EverQuest

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 11:00 PM PDT

    While the servers were open for the free trial I gave the game a shot on Mangler, I figured with no job and quarantine why not I have nothing better to do. I've always heard about EverQuest, popping into plenty of conversations over the years and I met some really cool people I will say there were times where I died plenty, and times were times when people would help me with buffs or gear and even just some knowledge!

    The community is great and the game makes your progression feel amazing, seeing old spells dwindle off and new spells feel really strong when you unlock them is a great balance. I really wanted to try the server launch so with the free trial coming to an end I met to play release with.

    The launch for Aradune was obviously REALLY rough but every single launch of any game has been terrible, I don't remember a single game that had a smooth launch so let me put that to the side for now. While I was in-game i saw a ton of people running around helping each other sharing drops they didn't need healing buffing you name it, It was great after 4 or 5 days I had made it to level 12 on my druid. Today I spent all day trying to level and it was tough to find a group but finally, I found one and it was great we groups for multiple hours and I leveled from 17 -22. This was a ton of fun and that group itself makes me want to continue playing the game.

    I started sitting outside the tunnel and buffing anyone that needed my speed boost and damage shield, People loved the buffs I loved helping people. Can't wait until I can do group ports :)

    My Gametime ran out today but I will definitely be back in a couple of weeks to continue my druid adventures.

    Add my Druid "Wild" on Aradune we can group, see ya around hopefully.

    submitted by /u/Wiks103
    [link] [comments]

    A dabbler seeking advice.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    Over the years I've dabbled with eq. I grew up in the wow era so eq was just before my time. I've tried the current live servers and found they were far to bloated as in there were so many things added over the years you just had to "know". Like that there was statues that teleported you to some sky city and that everyone decided the leveling path was this zone then this zone then this zone. And god forbid you play on off peak times good luck finding people to group with or even help you find the places with people in them.

    So complaining aside, since there's this brand spanking new server with only the oldest content and some current popularity, is it worth it for a 25 year old aussie wow n00b to chuck out a month sub and check out this new server?

    I like the idea of everquest, a slower paced, more chill and chat and slay mmo, but it's just been so hard to get into except possibly now?

    submitted by /u/WytchHunter23
    [link] [comments]

    TA for Hero of Kael Drakkel (Cazic Thule Server)

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    I am posting to see if there is anyone out there willing to do a TA for this mission on our server for myself and two others. We are just trying to finish this last mission to get over the hump. If there is anyone out there willing to lend us a hand please let me know. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Cramptron
    [link] [comments]

    First time chanter... I am confused.

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    How do I have my tank targeted and cast spells on the mob he is attacking?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    Anyway to do this? I am an enchanter and sometimes tan targeting especially if there is a pull of 3 or so mobs. How do I target the same one my tank is targeting so I can get a slow off or something else

    submitted by /u/Artaniss
    [link] [comments]

    Hertiage crate painting?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    Hi

    Any one know if the hertiage crate painting thats a Qeynos teleport clickly has to be placed in a house to work?

    Or does it work from invertory?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/turnip-patrol
    [link] [comments]

    Help with TLP smithing

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    When I played back in the day, I always had higher level friends who just helped me get gear. I'm determined to make it on my own as a player who has returned after a decade plus.

    My little shadowknight has skilled up past lantern casings to actually make banded armor but I'm super broke. Is there a better way to grind the armor combines than just killing skeletons for rusty weapons?

    submitted by /u/Max_Powarr
    [link] [comments]

    Free account vs. Emulator

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    It's been a few years since I've last logged on, but at that time I believe it was possible to have a free - albeit limited (I think things like currency caps, maybe AA restrictions, etc) - account. I've been getting the itch lately, and was thinking about reinstalling to scratch that itch. If I did, however, it would be very casual (way too busy these days) and just to piddle around.

    If that's still an option these days, is there any benefit to doing that versus trying out one of those EQ Emu servers (aside from the obvious existing characters/levels/gear/etc and potential guild)? For someone playing casually, would the benefits of the Emu servers make it... more fun/enjoyable?

    I'm not really looking to reconnect, as I don't know anyone that still plays, just wanting to re-live that world some.

    submitted by /u/gdblu
    [link] [comments]

    Enchanter specialization for PoP locked?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 04:43 AM PDT

    I'm playing an enchanter on both p99 and boxing on a PoP locked private server, new to the class and kind of at a loss where to spec. I've read posts where people swear by alteration for buffing or abjuration to chain runes. I've also read evocation or conjuration as they are the biggest drain. I mostly mez/slow/dot/rune and charm(which I wouldnt expect to do if I was low on mana in the first place).

    Appreciate any suggestions, thanks!

    submitted by /u/thinknaught
    [link] [comments]

    Bam grinding between jackass stunts

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment