• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 8, 2021

    Everquest Help Me Finalize My Mischief Classes

    Everquest Help Me Finalize My Mischief Classes


    Help Me Finalize My Mischief Classes

    Posted: 08 May 2021 05:11 PM PDT

    Having read everyone else's Mischief plans as well as additional time learning about TLP's and Mischief's specific rules, I'd like to get some feedback on my plans for starting out on Mischief. I've broken this up into a few sections:

    1. About me
      1. Played from Kunark to just past PoP, raided Velious through PoP.
      2. Currently 3 and 4-boxxing on FV, highest level is a 103 3-box SK, BL, Shm.
      3. Can Truebox up to 3 computers/characters, with 4 accounts All Access.
    2. My goals
      1. Enable group play: I'm trying my first TLP because I specifically want as many leveling groups, guild groups, raids, epics, etc as possible. This means I want my characters to be desirable in groups so that I can get spots or start them easily.
      2. Keep me interested: before quitting in PoP, I had raided on Magician, Wizard, Bard, Enchanter, and Cleric. I found all of them enjoyable but have also been paying close attention to comments made on others' Mischief class threads for how classes play in groups -v- raids.
      3. White-knuckle moments are ok but are not how I want to play the game full-time. Also known as the "not Enchanter despite loving it" because I remember it being simultaneously stressful and boring in raids, and it sounds like groups now expect charm DPS which I found terrifying when soloing with it in PoP. Others have also described this as the ability to go afk for a minute without wiping your group.
      4. Classic-only: while Kunark will be dropping 1 month after launch, I want to be fully immersed in my characters well before then and not starting over just because of regen/ac.

    Now I've broken up the classes into a few categories:

    1. Definitely not
      1. Berserker: requires GoD
      2. Beastlord: requires SoL
    2. Not interested
      1. Warrior: haven't enjoyed their playstyle as a tank with cooldowns only and no spells.
      2. Paladin: if I want to play a spell-tank, I'll play Shadow Knight. Every small thing that SK has such as snare for easy pulling that Paladin doesn't just frustrates me. I don't miss anything Paladins have when playing SK.
      3. Magician: raided on one and hate the pet agro/dmg issues + being a CotH trinket. Switched to Wizard later and although I know the damage shifts around in later expansions, I simply enjoy Wizard more in every way than Magician.
      4. Shaman: currently in my main 3-box on FV. While I won't dispute their power as a debuff/buff/healer/dot just everything awesome, I also really don't enjoy their play style as a healer and prefer Cleric/Druid both.
    3. Less interested
      1. Shadow Knight: currently my "main" on FV so I'm likely to get frustrated not having all the tools/power that I have on live. With that said, it's the only tank class I enjoy thoroughly.
      2. Enchanter: I love the class, illusions, and how desired they are. I dislike how stressful just about everything they do is for me both in groups and raids.
      3. Ranger: I would mostly enjoy Rangers as a ranged auto-attack class but that won't even be available until 5 months in (SoL). I've read that later on their DPS comes mostly from spells which doesn't appeal to me for this class. Finally, while tracking seems like it'd be super useful with the server's loot ruleset, I've also seen enough cynical comments about farmers using unapproved software to "track" on any class. If I don't enjoy the playstyle, and the "competitive" farmers will have something better than Ranger tracking anyways, why bother?
      4. Rogue: similar to Warrior in terms of boring playstyle, but I do enjoy the utility of pick lock and like the concept of their from-behind melee dps.
      5. Druid: I like the utility of ports, but I know they're less desirable than Clerics as healers and I plan to play a Cleric. If I want ports, I'm more likely to play a Wizard.
      6. Necro: while I've enjoyed playing the class in the past, I don't feel they bring enough on their own to my group or any group to place them higher than Wizard.
    4. Interested:
      1. Cleric: I somehow enjoy staring into a corner while spamming a macro every 10 seconds then being told the boss died 20 minutes later. I like being highly desirable for groups and have fond memories of healing in Velk's.
      2. Monk: Of all the no-spell melee classes, Monk has been the most interesting for me in part because of Feign Death but also because I've read that they're consistently high damage and therefore can stack in groups.
      3. Wizard: After raiding on Magician back in Velious, I rerolled as a Wizard and enjoyed it 100% more. Add onto that the utility of ports pre-PoP and the overall lack of need for gear makes it an appealing option.
      4. Bard: I played the class in raids back in the PoP era and I found it to be a slightly less stressful version of Enchanter. Assuming /Melody is in place for Classic, this could be a solid option to fill the debuff/buff utility gap.

    While I have 4 accounts with All Access, I only have 3 computers to Truebox with, and my #1 goal is to facilitate grouping not to be my own group. Therefore I'm not trying to do something like tank/healer/dmg necessarily because I don't want to be playing 3 characters on my own all the time. I'd rather start a group with my 3 and then once the group is full, start removing my 3rd and 2nd characters as needed.

    What I've been thinking about is: Cleric, Monk, Bard (in that order) with Wizard on my 4th account. I would primarily play Cleric, Monk, and Bard together but since I would primarily try to drop the Bard from groups then I could play it separately with my Wizard to keep that up. I wouldn't be able to use my Wizard to port my 3-box because of Truebox rules but I would just enjoy porting around and helping people move.

    submitted by /u/piffenstein
    [link] [comments]

    PoP in-game storyline guide

    Posted: 08 May 2021 06:26 PM PDT

    Hi everyone. I have made an in game guide (written with EQ HTML) that works as an in game website using the Story window (ALT+N), or use ALT+W to open your toolbar and press the Story button.

    This guide has everything you need to know about PoP, it includes many internal links to other places in the guide, and some external links to guides online such as Raspers, Alla, EQP, etc.

    The guide includes info and a checklist for PoP flagging, spells info (where to get new spells, how to do turn ins), new quests, how to do ornate/elemental armor turn ins, and a huge section on raids. The raid section includes boss HP, spells, resists, weaknesses, and simple event information.

    Here's an imgur album so you can have a preview, it also shows how your storyline directory should look: https://imgur.com/a/bswpVvD

    Once you DL, Unzip it and place in EQ > storyline folder. The text file and folder will both go in the storyline folder. Don't move anything around.

    You may get an anti-virus popup, but these files are ALL text files, that contain only text and hyperlinks (internal and external). I have also had a mod check and verify this.

    Zipped ver: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tw3HdkY4JDZbItazGbX_31GPo3dR0fUb?usp=sharing

    Unzipped ver: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cjohOn0T0OFLyZRGSAOT6s_xtTaJXiBv?usp=sharing

    Thanks all, and let me know if you have any suggestions or see any mistakes.

    Zuggle

    submitted by /u/ZuggleBear
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the random loot on Mischief

    Posted: 08 May 2021 08:45 PM PDT

    So when I heard about the free trade server, thought it would be awesome , then I heard about random loot from mobs of the same level range , thought it was weird cause half the reason to camp certain camps was for the loot they dropped

    Anyway my question involves named mobs, do we know if it's only named mobs that have the random loot or do regular mobs have the same chance to drop loot , and in the same vein, do named mobs still have a chance to drop their regular loot tables ?

    I dont want to be in unrest for 18 till god knows how long cause it's the best exp around and with the loot , I could be getting stuff from basically anywhere .

    submitted by /u/Lwik
    [link] [comments]

    since we all having fun with EQ b-days

    Posted: 08 May 2021 10:24 AM PDT

    Preparing for Mischief TLP

    Posted: 08 May 2021 02:10 PM PDT

    So what's everyone's favorite ways to prepare for a tlp?

    For myself was thinking about either playing a live prog server or maybe even on P99 to warm up and get in that classic mindset. Stuck between playing a pally or an enc, haven't decided yet.

    submitted by /u/redrumraisin
    [link] [comments]

    I also present you my oldest character that made it into live servers.

    Posted: 08 May 2021 01:07 AM PDT

    Mischief TLP starting areas

    Posted: 08 May 2021 02:48 PM PDT

    My wife and I plan to make a duo Ench + cleric. We are debating races based on how crowded starting areas will be.

    So, typically what starting zones are least crowded at day one of TLP typically? Considering our class choices any additional race /starting area tips are welcome.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Caibek
    [link] [comments]

    Who Will Benefit Most from FV Like Tradeable Drops on Mischief?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 05:32 AM PDT

    So, which class becomes more interesting from being able to purchase ND gear from other players?

    I am guessing melee in general, as it will help balance the traditional auto-bump that priests and casters get from upgrading from store spells, but am curious for your thoughts.

    submitted by /u/NextCube68K
    [link] [comments]

    Lot of people got me beat but here's my humble 2005 character from Antonius Bayle

    Posted: 08 May 2021 05:07 AM PDT

    Wizard / mercenary

    Posted: 08 May 2021 04:20 PM PDT

    Thinking of going wizard on new tlp. Later in the game which merc do they use to molo content? A second wizard?

    submitted by /u/Future_Permit7031
    [link] [comments]

    Sub discord?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 08:31 AM PDT

    I was thinking of returning to EQ, but I know that I'd need a guild for some social interaction in order to keep my ADHD in check. Do we have a sub discord for that, or is that something just posted in here or another subreddit I'm unable to locate due to my blindness lol

    submitted by /u/unstablejester
    [link] [comments]

    Should I play on Aradune, Mangler or Live?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 11:25 PM PDT

    I am wanting to get back into EQ but am unsure which to play TLP or live. I know live is top heavy, but has more content, and well lets face it, I will have to get used to the revamped zones if I play live or TLP.

    I know TLP has more people playing lower level characters for grouping, but I am not unsure I have a problem with that if I can get a group once in a while on a live server (or solo) in a hot zone.

    If I do TLP one person mentioned playing on Mangler, but I am unsure why play there versus Aradune. I just want to make sure if I did I would be able to play more classic content in groups, or be able to group if i need to to level say if I play a Cleric. In that case at least in live we have Mercs.

    submitted by /u/nirrtix
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment