• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 28, 2021

    Everquest EverQuest Review/Guide from July 1999 PC Accelerator Magazine

    Everquest EverQuest Review/Guide from July 1999 PC Accelerator Magazine


    EverQuest Review/Guide from July 1999 PC Accelerator Magazine

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 11:25 AM PDT

    I was flipping through some of my old magazines and came across this several-page review/guide for EverQuest in the July 1999 issue of PC Accelerator magazine (PCXL). Thought some folks here might enjoy giving it a read.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/mEgLJ1R

    submitted by /u/KnuckleSangwich
    [link] [comments]

    LF: EQ inspired 5e D&D game quests

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 08:04 PM PDT

    Hi ya'll,

    I recently told a friend that I'd run a 5E D&D game for him. I decided that I would set the game in Everquest, as 22 years ago we met in North Karana, as he was waiting for a wizard at the spires & I was running from Freeport to Qeynos. We talked, we became good online friends, and then great IRL friends. He was quite excited when I started using some EQ place names. I'm using the core of 5e, classes, races, monsters etc. With just places from EQ.

    He's playing a 1/2 drow sorcerer / cleric, & a human paladin, I'm playing a lizard folk monk. I've started the story as the Monk has travelled from Kunark, seeking the assistance of the Drow in Neriak, & then the Monk Guild of Freeport, the Paladin interceded a confrontation that the Monk had with some bandits in the commonlands, outside of Freeport, while he was on patrol & has joined the Drow & the Monk on their quest.

    The monk is on a quest to seek information on the potential for a world devastating event, something that may have potentially occurred a long time before, that caused the continents of Odus & Faydwer to split from Antonica. I've set the 1st location to find information at Befallen, where the group will battle undead to find information to progress their quest.

    What I'm looking for is potential places that EQ players might think are good places to find such "lost information" as well as Loot that was considered awesome in vanilla EQ, that I could give to the PC's, with valid stats that work in 5E. IE: Stein of Moggok, Flowing black silk sash, flowing black robe, those kind of things.

    Any quests that you enjoyed back in the day, that involves a bit of travel, or going to a certain place to find stuff, or gather a bunch of ingredients etc. I'm happy enough to search stuff if you give some basic details.

    submitted by /u/RoseyNZ21
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know this sword ornament with the blue laser-like glow?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 02:46 PM PDT

    Ornamentation Database/Image Gallery?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 12:47 PM PDT

    I have looked around and found a few items here and there, but is there a searchable list of all available ornamentations in the game? Player-made as well as DBux. Preferably with preview images. I am one of those dorks who like to play dress-up with my characters, and it's nice to know what my options are.

    submitted by /u/Fart_Bargo
    [link] [comments]

    Can you MQ the bard epic?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 06:13 PM PDT

    Hi folks, just curious if anybody knows portions of the bard epic you can skip on a free-trade server like FV / Mischief. Any input would be helpful!

    submitted by /u/Cr4mwell
    [link] [comments]

    Thornblade or Mischief?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 04:18 PM PDT

    Is the pop on the two servers even or is one dying faster?

    submitted by /u/BigBaronMcstuffins
    [link] [comments]

    True spirit faction

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 09:35 AM PDT

    I'm working on wizard epic 1.0. How do I raise Truespirit faction so I can get the oil from the gnome in BB?

    submitted by /u/Bobwinsit
    [link] [comments]

    Overseer

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 03:20 AM PDT

    It seems like a lot of info for this is either not available or hidden deep in a forum post somewhere that I cannot find.

    Does anybody know if:

    • There is a penalty for choosing the (easy) missions?

    such as not having a chance to get extra success? Hell is it even known what factors into great success? I've just casually assumed its based off percentage over 90 but I cannot say this with any certainty since I never bothered to record my outcomes. Maybe total bonuses applied regardless of percentage?

    submitted by /u/rediandev
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment